Post-Game Talk (GBU): Reinhart strikes 3

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
That’s the best game I’ve seen them play since the streak DOR and Wilson were great. Best game I’ve seen from Rhino. Skinner back from the dead was a nice surprise. Dahlin went beast mode. Amazing what you can do when your best players are ON.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
G - Hutton beast mode
Reinhart
Dahlin
Risto
Wilson
O’Regan

B - Housley still sucks as a coach

U - hunwick turnover

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Lol I love how Rein is looking at Eichel like "don't smile yet, maybe he doesn't think I shoulda shot that." Then he just busts into a lil kid grin as soon as Eichel gives him props. I haven't followed enough to understand the hate on Eichel being C, but damn, he seems to have one follower playing well at least.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Watched the game via the NHL.TV archive. Sabres came to play earlier today. Eichel was elite. I want to see more of that Jack Eichel! Hutton was focused and redeemed himself. Skinner showed me that he is a trooper returning from what I was sure was a high ankle sprain. Sam was just downright DANGEROUS all game long. Risto was solid and must have taken his anti-stupid meds this morning. Dahlin showed everyone just how outstanding his overall gamesmanship is. He is so smooth........

And Phil finally has some lines that spread the talent and present threats. Props all around.

On the counter side, I am satisfied that Sabres played well. But the Caps came into this game (IMO) only looking to play well enough/put out the amount of effort (in their minds) that would beat a down on its luck Buffalo team. They seriously underestimated the Sabres.

That takes nothing away from the Sabres game but Washington was definitely a bit laissez-faire this afternoon.

And where did all those Caps fans and jerseys come from? Just can't believe the Caps have a strong Buffalo based following....... Bandwagon groupies?

Josh007007

Jan 17, 2019
Watched the game via the NHL.TV archive. Sabres came to play earlier today. Eichel was elite. I want to see more of that Jack Eichel! Hutton was focused and redeemed himself. Skinner showed me that he is a trooper returning from what I was sure was a high ankle sprain. Sam was just downright DANGEROUS all game long. Risto was solid and must have taken his anti-stupid meds this morning. Dahlin showed everyone just how outstanding his overall gamesmanship is. He is so smooth........

And Phil finally has some lines that spread the talent and present threats. Props all around.

On the counter side, I am satisfied that Sabres played well. But the Caps came into this game (IMO) only looking to play well enough/put out the amount of effort (in their minds) that would beat a down on its luck Buffalo team. They seriously underestimated the Sabres.

That takes nothing away from the Sabres game but Washington was definitely a bit laissez-faire this afternoon.

And where did all those Caps fans and jerseys come from? Just can't believe the Caps have a strong Buffalo based following....... Bandwagon groupies?
Anti stupid meds

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I thought they responded really well to the Caps physicality early on to keep them sleep walking through the game. Dahlin learned today that he doesn't have to get pushed around.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
They won puck battles and didn’t look lost in tight and along the walls. The forecheck was also light years better than it was in the two games that preceded the TB game, too.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Figures once I decide to live up to my word on taking a break for a few games, the team shows up. :rolleyes:

Sounds like it was a fun game for a change. Maybe I'll try and re-watch one of the replays on MSG today.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
At least we’ve turned the 1pm games our GM pushed for into our team’s strength.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
How do we get Sobotka benched?
Playing Sobotka...

Benching him and Tage are key to future success.
and Tage Thompson... is:

For people looking for a spiritual component to Skinner's return. Matt Barnaby was last Sabre to return from the dead.
Trefilov with an under-rated left hand.

Standard Oil in the 1920s or whenever.
Don't fret, beats being a descendant of the Delaware / Lenape who sold Manhattan to the Dutch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->