Proposal: Reinhart + Risto for center

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
A top two way number 2 center like Selke winning RoR is gonna cost a lot if even available.
Risto +Reinhart ++
RoR value is 8-10 million so 4 1sts if signed as a rfa.
Were Sabre fans looking for a Selke calibre 2c or less?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No trade proposals yet?

How about Risto, Reinhart plus picks for Malkin?
Malkin is obviously worth the asking price, but with him being 32 it just doesn’t make sense for Buffalo to give up two of their more valuable assets that are both under 25.

I’d absolutely love to see Malkin in buffalo, but I don’t really see a deal that would make sense.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
While Calgary isn't a good fit, if you ignore all the cap and expansion draft issues going forward, I'd do:

Backlund & Brodie for Reinhart & Risto

But since you don't ignore cap issues, this wouldn't actually make sense.
That is so freakishly bad it's already funny. Then again, I didn't expect much else from this thread.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Only a Sith deals in absolutes

The reason would depend entirely on the return, would it not?

Sure, give me an upper echelon starting goalie, or a center that is in the range of Hischier, etc. Then you can pry Sam Reinhart out of Buffalo. Otherwise, why on earth would there even be a starting topic. This isn't a Chiarrelli run operation.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Reinhart has always been too timid, slow and dainty for my liking,and he doesn't have the hockey IQ, shot or playmaking to make up for it.

He is basically the old slow Gretzky without the playmaking ability or IQ.

He might do decent as a #2 C if his wingers are high-end. Those wingers don't exist in Buffalo.

Two great centers down the middle is key is today's NHL. Look at Pittsburgh, Washington, Tampa Bay etc.

Buffalo's second best center last season was Johan "fourth line" Larsson.

I want a real change in Buffalo and would LOVE to give up Risto + Reino for something great.

Not sure what is realistic, but someone like Point, Aho or Zibanejad would not be a too crazy wish for that return.

He's not a center, he's a RW in the breath of Pominville. He's a homegrown talent who's starting to produce. This team has been unable to produce our own grown talent, so lets push him out the door. FFS.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Since when are hockey fans this bad at reading comprehension?

I never said he had low IQ or bad playmaking, I said they weren't good enough to make up for his weaknessness. What's with so many people on hf boards using straw an arguments?

Respond to what I actually wrote instead of ascribing me things that aren't true.

I am not sure if I'm following the argument here correctly:

Sam Reinhart can't overcome his weaknesses at the NHL level?

Is that the argument? If so, to what end? He scored 65 points in the NHL last year. If you want to argue that he maybe had a career season, go ahead - but...he can't overcome his weaknesses? It seems he already has.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I am not sure if I'm following the argument here correctly:

Sam Reinhart can't overcome his weaknesses at the NHL level?

Is that the argument? If so, to what end? He scored 65 points in the NHL last year. If you want to argue that he maybe had a career season, go ahead - but...he can't overcome his weaknesses? It seems he already has.

His weknessnes are physical and mental. For instance, It's pretty hard to change footspeed, intensity and the willingness to engage physically.

And he was carried by Eichel and Skinner.

If he were to centre his own line without any of those two, e would come up short, which is the reason I wan't him gone.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
His weknessnes are physical and mental. For instance, It's pretty hard to change footspeed, intensity and the willingness to engage physically.

And he was carried by Eichel and Skinner.

If he were to centre his own line without any of those two, e would come up short, which is the reason I wan't him gone.
Wow have you watched any games the last two years? Iam serious.I get you don't like him but to make stuff up to fit your agenda is laughable.Whatever line they have put him on he has produced.Thats the main reason why most Sabre fans want him on another line to balance it out but continue your diatribe

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Reinhart has always been too timid, slow and dainty for my liking,and he doesn't have the hockey IQ, shot or playmaking to make up for it.

He might do decent as a #2 C if his wingers are high-end. Those wingers don't exist in Buffalo.

Two great centers down the middle is key is today's NHL. Look at Pittsburgh, Washington, Tampa Bay etc.

I want a real change in Buffalo and would LOVE to give up Risto + Reino for something great.

Not sure what is realistic, but someone like Point, Aho or Zibanejad would not be a too crazy wish for that return.

Hes got one of the best hockey IQs on the team and is rarely out of position, he also is the only guy on the team that plays in front of the net and scores often from that area via tips or garbage rebounds. Dainty and dumb are not two words I'd use for him. Hes not as fast as I'd like for a player his age, and his shot isnt that great, but he makes up for it by being in position more often than not.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I came here to post this... I think Van needs to make a small add of some kind but this basis works for me.

Most Sabres fans won't admit it but Horvat > Reinhart, he is proven at centre & signed to a better contract.

The difference between Reinhart and Horvat isn’t Risto. Also moving Reinhart just opens up another hole. Sabres needs to keep quality forwards, not trade them away.

As a side note, a certain hot take on Reinhart is so far off you’d need a rocket and twenty years of flight to find it.

Reactions: SabresSharks

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Hes got one of the best hockey IQs on the team and is rarely out of position, he also is the only guy on the team that plays in front of the net and scores often from that area via tips or garbage rebounds. Dainty and dumb are not two words I'd use for him. Hes not as fast as I'd like for a player his age, and his shot isnt that great, but he makes up for it by being in position more often than not.

Quote me where I said he is dumb, or apologize for being dishonest.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
We're not trading Reinhart...he's Eichel's best friend and trending towards a 70+ point player.

Awful idea.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017

So we're just going to throw away Mittelstadt and Cozens? Sounds like a smart idea. :sigh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->