Proposal: Reinhart + Risto for center

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If the Sabres are giving up Samson and Risto, I would want a center that the fans of the other team would laugh at giving up.

There is a team that has had rumored interest in Risto that has a center that would qualify for the above.

Reactions: Chainshot

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
No thanks. No player I’d accept for this package would be considered “available” by their respective fanbase.

Just seems like a bait thread to get “what?!, Reinhart is wayyy better than X” posts, or the reverse.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
No thanks. No player I’d accept for this package would be considered “available” by their respective fanbase.

Just seems like a bait thread to get “what?!, Reinhart is wayyy better than X” posts, or the reverse.

I don't care for either of Reinhart or Risto, so no.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
The only players I would accept for that package if I was Botterill are legit 1C types in their early to mid-20s - meaning some of the best players in the league.

And, of course, those guys won’t be offered.

OPs version of Reinhart is odd.

Dainty? Samson isn’t going to punch or stick you, but he’s probably the Sabres bravest, most durable player. No one on the team gets into the tough areas and makes plays as much as he does. He takes a beating every night and rarely misses a shift.

How many people know that since Jan. 1 2018, he is among the top 50 scorers in the NHL, with similar totals to Larkin, Couture, Landeskog and Voracek?

Guy needs a good publicist.

Last edited:

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Since when are hockey fans this bad at reading comprehension?

I never said he had low IQ or bad playmaking, I said they weren't good enough to make up for his weaknessness. What's with so many people on hf boards using straw an arguments?

Respond to what I actually wrote instead of ascribing me things that aren't true.
Dainty? What does that even mean? I am taking it you mean not tough enough.I disagree in fact i am pleasantly surprised how effective he is in front of the net and in the corners.He will take a hard hit to make a play.Average skater i agree but it doesn't take away from his elite play making and IQ.To give up these two pieces to acquire a second line centremen makes no sense in my opinion

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
While I agree that the no hockey IQ remark by the OP was idiotic at best, you double-downed with the Reinhart is untouchable comment.

It wouldn't be HF without the doubling down. It isn't enough to just say one disagrees, or state that Reinhart as a contributing forward is unlikely to be dealt... it's rolling out the ol' "untouchable" label.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
if you watch Eichel and Skinners goal compilation video on youtube, one thing you will see in both is Reinhart making some unbelievable plays to create. Hes on a very short list of players I wouldnt be in any rush to trade from the Sabres roster

Sabrehack

Aug 30, 2018
Why would sabres package Reinhart to get a centre. They are already weak on the right side. I think any of vesey, sheary, smith or thompson would be more likely to be packaged with Risto. The need is a #2C, not a top line guy. I like the idea of Reinhart on the 2nd line though but as a winger as Botts has suggested a number of times.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Read what I wrote. He doesn't have the IQ to make up for his many weaknessness.

Every measurable metric he's produced since entering the league disagrees. He scores 20+ goals, puts up points, and improves the team in every way when he's on the ice (both defensively and offensively)--- even when you saddle him with bad linemates. The only guys in the league I'd trade him and Risto together for are the kind of players who flat-out don't get moved.

Reactions: Intermission

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
While Calgary isn't a good fit, if you ignore all the cap and expansion draft issues going forward, I'd do:

Backlund & Brodie for Reinhart & Risto

But since you don't ignore cap issues, this wouldn't actually make sense.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
While Calgary isn't a good fit, if you ignore all the cap and expansion draft issues going forward, I'd do:

Backlund & Brodie for Reinhart & Risto

But since you don't ignore cap issues, this wouldn't actually make sense.
lol i'm sure you would. Reinhart & Risto for 2 30 yr olds, where do I sign?

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
lol i'm sure you would. Reinhart & Risto for 2 30 yr olds, where do I sign?
Long term, it make no sense, I agree, but next year alone it makes sense. Backlund would be a great 2C for you and Brodie is at the very least a wash for Risto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad