Reinhart or Garland?

Reinhart or Garland for 9th overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RanOutOfTime

Nov 4, 2017
Looking at the real trade pieces, it really was 9th for Conor Garland. Oel for our cap dumps. Would you guys have traded 9th overall for Conor Garland or Sam Reinhart?

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Reinhart is the more proven/better player at this point but Garland has proven he can be productive in a 14-15/MIN a night role. I'm not sure Reinhart could do the same when his ice time gets reduced 3-4 minutes. Garland is also cheaper.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Both played on a horrible team the past few years...and one of them gave a lot more of a damn than the other (despite the lack of success). I'm taking that guy over Reinhart any day of the week.

Reactions: Indiana

RanOutOfTime

Nov 4, 2017
Wow, I did not expect everyone to pick Garland. I thought Reinhart did pretty well last year when Eichel went down and though it would be a mixed poll. He's also more proven then Garland

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyWooot

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Looking at the real trade pieces, it really was 9th for Conor Garland. Oel for our cap dumps. Would you guys have traded 9th overall for Conor Garland or Sam Reinhart?
Reinhart is soft, relies on the PP for production and is an entitled little d$ck

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Not a fan of tiny wingers like Garland, but it says a lot that he's more grittier than Reinhart. Imagine playing against McDavid, I think guys like Garland who can skate and hit are a better fit than all IQ and no speed or hitting Reinhart.

I hope Garland wasn't a one hit wonder. He was drafted in the NHL a year later than he was eligible. It seems like he's just a prospect that has earned his way to the league instead of being a #2 overall pick.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
guess who they’d pick if the Canucks had traded for Reinhart

100% LMAO

Canucks fans are so blinded with homerism.

Reinhart has been a consistent top six forward on a dumpster fire team for the past five years. He can play both center and wing and has shown the ability to drive his own line.

Reinhart is a better player than Garland at this point. Canucks fans are just wildin' as per usual...

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
100% LMAO

Canucks fans are so blinded with homerism.

Reinhart has been a consistent top six forward on a dumpster fire team for the past five years. He can play both center and wing and has shown the ability to drive his own line.

Reinhart is a better player than Garland at this point. Canucks fans are just wildin' as per usual...

Garland had a higher PPG last year, has a more well rounded game, will come at a lower cap hit, and is (slightly) younger.

RanOutOfTime

Nov 4, 2017
Garland had a higher PPG last year, has a more well rounded game, will come at a lower cap hit, and is (slightly) younger.

To play devils advocate though:
  • Garland is less proven, might just be a flash in the pan season last year
  • Heavier game smaller/lighter body == injuries/decline earlier faster than Reinhart
But I love Hogs, and Garland is just an older Hogs, which is great

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
To play devils advocate though:
  • Garland is less proven, might just be a flash in the pan season last year
  • Heavier game smaller/lighter body == injuries/decline earlier faster than Reinhart
But I love Hogs, and Garland is just an older Hogs, which is great
Reinhart also plays center, allowing the Canucks the flexibility to run 3 lines that can score.

I still voted Garland though and would have regardless of this trade, he's one of my fav players to watch and I think he's going to provide solid value on his contract.

Last edited:

RanOutOfTime

Nov 4, 2017
Also plays center, allowing the Canucks the flexibility to run 3 lines that can score.

I still voted garland though and would have regardless of this trade, he's one of my fav players to watch.

What? Garland plays center? When did that happen? I thought he only played wing with dvorak/schmaltz as his center

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Mmm might prefer Reinhart in a vacuum but Garland is younger, cheaper and only slightly less productive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad