Proposal: Reinhart and Gorges for Jenner and Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I saw this proposal on this thread (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=133947053#post133947053) and it's very intriguing. On one hand we lose Reinhart but on the other we also lose Gorges and add Jenner along with Murray. Do you do this trade?

I was willing to do this deal with no Gorges in it so I'd bite on dumping Gorges contract sure. Following our pick at the draft to once again leave defense on the board for centers and the fact we get Jenner back and flexibility to spend more in free agency to offset the potential loss of offense from Sam...

I'm also a bigger Murray and Jenner homer than most I could be off on value here...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Losing Gorges isn't that important. He's got one year left.

Reinhart has the most value in the trade...and Murray has regressed each year. Jenner is a nice piece but I'd rather get a better D without a forward and cap dump attached even if it means "losing" the trade in overall value.

Basically my take is the value is fine...but I'm looking for a better D not just to make the value work.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I was willing to do this deal with no Gorges in it so I'd bite on dumping Gorges contract sure. Following our pick at the draft to once again leave defense on the board for centers and the fact we get Jenner back and flexibility to spend more in free agency to offset the potential loss of offense from Sam...

I'm also a bigger Murray and Jenner homer than most I could be off on value here...
They used picks to address D and even if they did use the first pick to address the D he wouldn't be available for a few more years, However if we did take a D first would that make McCabe and Guhle expandable then?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Also we did use a pick to get a D who will play this year. We just did it a week ago.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
No for two reasons:
1) We shouldn't tie a high-end asset like Reinhart to negative salary, especially a one year dump like Gorges
2) We shouldn't break dollars into quarters unless we get to take on upside

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There are things I'd move for Murray. Good assets too, including a 1st, Nylander, Kane, Mittelstadt, etc. I would not move Reinhart for him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There are things I'd move for Murray. Good assets too, including a 1st, Nylander, Kane, Mittelstadt, etc. I would not move Reinhart for him.

3 of those things are too much too. At least as long as we are projected to miss the playoffs.

Murray hasn't been very good.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's 5th in ice time per game for D in CBus. And ineffective at it.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Ryan Murray is worth nothing near Nylander, Mittelstadt or are 2018 1st unless there's a large ++ coming with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad