Reimer or Bernier?

dunkdad

Oct 15, 2013
Toronto
Simple as the title. Reimer or Bernier?
Based on the 7 games, so far.
Who deserves the start tonight and on Saturday against the Blackhawks?

Dunkdad

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Too small of a sample size to name a starter. Reimer should start tonight b/c he played great on Tuesday. Lets see how Reimer does tonight then decide on Saturday's starter when the time comes.

TheInsignia

Apr 12, 2013
Calgary, AB
Why+not+just+pick+time+travel+go+back+in+time+_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5b.jpg

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
I think they should play both goalies every night, Bernier for 30 minutes, Reimer for 30 minutes.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I prefer Bernier so far. However it's been a same sample size and Reims deserves another game after the other night

dunkdad

Oct 15, 2013
Toronto
Play them in shifts. Reimer on special teams and overtime, Bernier on 5/5 and shoot outs.

Love that idea. Nice profile pic by the way.
PS: There is no rule against that right?

I would go with Reimer personally. Bernier should be rested enough for the big game against Chicago.

wulfio*

are the people saying they should split time/responsibilities serious?

Tyler Biggs*

The only one that is igniting a 'Leafs goalie competition' is 'The Canadian Press'! Do they even watch the games and see how Bernier and Reimer are happy that each other is doing well? If each is doing well, that means the team is doing well! That is their main concern....the TEAM!

I don't think anyone cares who the number one goalie is, even the goalies. This Leaf team is different then any other, they are about fighting the fight together. As for the media and Leaf fans, as long as the team is winning, who cares who's in net...they have pride for their team...they all left their egos at the door!! This team is going to fool alot of teams this year!

wulfio*

The only one that is igniting a 'Leafs goalie competition' is 'The Canadian Press'! Do they even watch the games and see how Bernier and Reimer are happy that each other is doing well? If each is doing well, that means the team is doing well! That is their main concern....the TEAM!

I don't think anyone cares who the number one goalie is, even the goalies. This Leaf team is different then any other, they are about fighting the fight together. As for the media and Leaf fans, as long as the team is winning, who cares who's in net...they have pride for their team...they all left their egos at the door!! This team is going to fool alot of teams this year!

I'm sorry but don't confuse the things they are coached to say to the media with true feelings. They both understand the position they are in, and are hockey players first, so are team players, and obviously don't want their team to lose when the other guy is in the net. But both of them want to be the #1 guy. And a goalie tandem is not realistically a long term solution. If it was, we should be worried about our goaltender situation because it would mean neither of them is a legit starting goaltender.

Tyler Biggs*

Lets put this whole issue in perspective. James Reimer has a cap hit of 1.8m per season and Jonathan Bernier has a cap hit of 2.9m per season. Now let me ask 'General Managers of the NHL if given the opportunity to obtain 2 goalies with a combined NHL cap hit of 4.7m and a winning percentage of 85%, would you be interested?' Without a doubt each GM would definitely look into the possibility. Most teams have a single goalie with a higher cap hit and all of them have a worse record than Toronto's duo. Do not panic there is no need to move/trade either because they are one lucky team to have 2 young goalies still with lots of potential and the drive that will make them better each year.

Leafs don't have a goalie controversy, this isn't Vancouver, Toronto is happy to have two young quality goalies who can steal us games, it's early but this is clearly the best goalie tandem in the league so far.

Better to have 2 capable goaltenders battling than having 2 goalies who can't stop anything *cough*oilers*cough*.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->