Reilly Smith

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Smith had a beauty lift the stick job to create that 5th goal today. That was a playoff game play indeed. Cj im sure is impressed

Smith imo is like a grittier mike ribeiro. Not as smooth as skater but deceptively good still, and takes that extra second in panic situations or traffic areas to make sweet passes. Kind of like adam oates. Cant see him being much of a scorer just bc he always looks to make the extra pass. 10 goals , 40 assist guy.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Although he has been awesome so far I don't see him as a permanent top 6 guy. Would be a great 3rd liner, however which is all we need him to be.

Here's hoping he proves me wrong and continues to excel!

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Love this guy. Hes a great passer; in fact hes good in all facets and fits in on that second line. Hope Loui's back soon because the three of them gel

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
that play he made on the powerplay goal...where he lifted the guy's stick while diving and forced the turnover...man that was a beauty. Love that work ethic and character. This kid is never gonna be Seguin in the offensive department, but that kind of effort will earn him a lot of fans.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
I think he is one of those guys you need for a winning team. He's not a natural goal scorer, but everything else is there for him to cement into a v. good 2nd line-PK player as he gets used to the NHL. Hopefully the bonus from the Tyler trade, although I have high hopes for the oyjer 3 players too.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
I think he is one of those guys you need for a winning team. He's not a natural goal scorer, but everything else is there for him to cement into a v. good 2nd line-PK player as he gets used to the NHL. Hopefully the bonus from the Tyler trade, although I have high hopes for the oyjer 3 players too.

I disagree, I think he has all the skills needed to be a solid 20 goal scorer in the league. Solid shot, very good IQ, above average skating. He just needs to adjust a bit more and gain some confidence. He's been money out there recently.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The sleeper of the trade?? Kid is growing on me each passing game

Agreed. Each game he's shown something new in his skillset. Great young player with a lot more potential than probably most originally thought. As his confidence grows, so will his production. Probably could have had at least 2 helpers last night...

Sleeper of the trade indeeed...

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Agreed. Each game he's shown something new in his skillset. Great young player with a lot more potential than probably most originally thought. As his confidence grows, so will his production. Probably could have had at least 2 helpers last night...

Sleeper of the trade indeeed...

The kid all but caught Bergeron off guard with a sweet backhand across the crease at one point... nice stuff.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
He's like a bigger, less pesky Marchand which is awesome.

Speaking of Marchand, he seems to be getting back to where he needs to be. Having both of those guys playing at the top of their game will be a treat to see

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
His game reminds me of a grittier Teddy Purcell.

He's looked fantastic so far this year. If he keeps putting in this effort he'll convert more and more chances. Real pleased with this pick up and his development.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I've been trying to figure this guy out since he made the team out of camp. Where does he fit? What is his upside? What do I expect from him? Would the team look better with him in or out of the lineup?

Well... Here we are. And we have a third line that looks extremely frustrating to play against. Smith with Soderberg and Kelly. That's where he fits (and fits WELL) and I hope these lines are permanent. All three players look like monsters together.

Smith finally looks to me, like a solid addition to this team.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I've been trying to figure this guy out since he made the team out of camp. Where does he fit? What is his upside? What do I expect from him? Would the team look better with him in or out of the lineup?

Well... Here we are. And we have a third line that looks extremely frustrating to play against. Smith with Soderberg and Kelly. That's where he fits (and fits WELL) and I hope these lines are permanent. All three players look like monsters together.

Yes,the 3rd line looks like a line that can hold its own.Ironically lines two and four are not quite there but on paper, at least,this lineup is one that could win a Stanley Cup. I still wish we had a little more speed and a little more mobility on the backend but I like this team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Paille probably not happy he remains on The Black Hole line while Smith plays on top 6 and 9

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Paille probably not happy he remains on The Black Hole line while Smith plays on top 6 and 9

Paille needs to get going. I am willing to cut Campbell some slack due to his injury but Paille is the best player in the bottom six,in my opinion.He needs to start playing like it.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Smitty seems to have a bit more offense to his game.

You could be right but Paille provided some timely offense in last year's playoffs. He is admittedly "alone " now playing with a recovering Campbell and lost a step Thornton but he is still a better two way player than Smith is.Love the way Smith is playing though.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
You could be right but Paille provided some timely offense in last year's playoffs. He is admittedly "alone " now playing with a recovering Campbell and lost a step Thornton but he is still a better two way player than Smith is.Love the way Smith is playing though.

Paille definitely produced but it was more of a crash bang mentality, Smitty just seems a bit more polished offensively - loved that nice little skate to stick move then pass to Krug in the Dallas game.

fake british accent

Aug 11, 2006
www.exceptionalautobody.com

He's still hard to figure out, though.

Maybe it's just the incongruity of it... he's a responsible, somewhat gritty, safe 3rd line winger whose in the top three of your team in scoring almost entirely based on assists while playing on the third line. Is there a comparable for this, like the assist version of a Mike Knuble type 20-goalscoring 3rd liner?

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

Yep, being away from the 2nd line as help him to succed!! He's good, but not good enough (right now) to help the 2nd line.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
When the trade for seguin and pevs first happened I had no clue who this kid was. I'm glad now that he was part of the deal. Even if Loui doesn't work out entirely, at least we got somewhat of an upgrade in youth in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad