Not open for further replies.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
which of these players is better rate all 3 pro and con
please include their stats from quebec midget aaa , qmjhl

all three are diminuitive elite players

personally i think gamache is best followed by reid and bouchard tied for 2nd and reid possibly 3rd overall
what do you think be fair and none of the quebec midgetaa and qmjhl bashing please :hockey: :cheers: :habs

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bouchard and Gamache are fairly equal as of now, though I wounldn't be surprised to see Bouchard supercede Gamache easily one day. His vision is uncanny.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Bouchard and Gamache are fairly equal as of now, though I wounldn't be surprised to see Bouchard supercede Gamache easily one day. His vision is uncanny.

Bouchard is already a better player than Gamache and Reid at NHL level...

Bouchard
Reid
Gamache

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Just to add to this silly thread.

When Bouchard was 18 he had 140 points in the QMJHL
When Brandon Reid was 18 he had 57 points in the QMJHL
When Simon Gamache was 18 he had 62 points in the QMJHL

Notice the difference? They are worlds apart. Brandon Reid's season as a 20 year old overage player doesn't even beat PM Bouchards season as an 18 year old.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Bouchard is already a better player than Gamache and Reid at NHL level...

Bouchard
Reid
Gamache

Though Bouchard did ok in the NHL, he was still rushed far too quickly.

trojan4

May 23, 2005
Bouchard will be an amazing playmaker.

Gamache was not very good at the time he was drafted (hence the 200.. somethingth selection) but now he is tearing it up in the AHL and on a team like Nashville he may be able to bring it along with him to the NHL. 20 goals per season AT MOST. I think he will have a breakthrough season in the NHL.

Reid... pass.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Bouchard demonstrates great vision and playmaking skills. I don't know if he'll be able to withstand the NHL's rigors but he definitely has the skill to put up good numbers. He probably would need another year in the A before being ready for the big league. He did show some good signs at the end of the year though. It's just a matter of time in his case.

Gamache seems to be doomed to be a good AHLer. Although he shows some of Bouchard's skill set, he lacks the speed which is critical for smaller players to succeed at the NHL level. Even if he shows a lot of grit , I think he'll have a hard time with NHL defensemen. Also, he has a few good wingers ahead of him on the dept chart and don't see him as a 3rd or 4th liner in the big league.

As for Reid, I've seen too little of him to make any comments.

Could we throw Jiri Hudler in there? Seems to be about the same size...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well I highly doubt Brandon Reid comes back to North America for some time. He was already headed to Germany before the lockout even happened. He ended up leading Hamburg in scoring and seems like he could be destined for a career in Europe.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I've long been a fan of Gamache and Reid ... ever since their Memorial Cup run with Val-d'Or. Reid's chinstrap was intense :biglaugh:

On a more serious note I am still a big fan of both.

I predicted Gamache to break out and end up centering one of the top 2 lines in Atlanta last year. I will renew my prediction for this year and suggest he may play a regular shift in Nashville behind David Legwand and/or Steve Sullivan = 10g 20a 30pts in 65 games.

Gamache is more of a finisher than Reid. Reid's speed and ability to make decisions on the fly is magic. Brandon was often the most entertaining guy in the Canucks lineup, but fancy moves and energy don't win hockey games.
He reminds me a LOT of Oilers prospect Tony Salmaleinen who made things happen on every shift and you knew exactly when and where he was on the ice, but at the end of the night his #8 rarely appeared on the scoreboard and now reports have him heading back to Europe without a renewed contract.
I agree with previous posters that said Reid's game is likely better suited to Europe and he may not be in a hurry to come back, especially since he can make comparable $$$ overseas and be highly depended on. However, I think he could be one of those guys that resurface in the NHL as a 27-30-year-old and turn into a decent 2nd/3rd liner = 15g 30a 45pts.

I am less familiar with Bouchard, but would probably take him over the other two - only on days that end in Y - based on potential alone = 20g 40a 60pts.

The trend is moving to accept smaller guys with skill and if the game makes changes to create more open ice and quicker transitions I think it benefits this type of player. Watch for all three to become more household names if not this year within the next three.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
1. PM Bouchard- Should be a good NHLer.

2. Simon Gamache- Earned himself another look for an NHL job with his play this year. Definitely still has some potential.

3. Brandon Reid- Never really was a great player. Definitely not as good as the other two.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:

Notice the difference? They are worlds apart. Brandon Reid's season as a 20 year old overage player doesn't even beat PM Bouchards season as an 18 year old.

Those 3 seasons you list all took place in each players' 17 year old season.
Neither Reid nor Gamache played junior as overagers. In their 19 year old seasons, Reid and Gamache had 126 points in 57 games and 184 points in 72 games, respectively.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
MrMastodonFarm said:

OMG that isssss CRAZY!!!

They were also 18...who cares?? I didnt know being better at 18 = better at 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad