GDT: Regular Season Thread 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Now that training camp's over, here's to the new season!

As carryover from the last thread, I do want to comment on a couple of things. First is on our defensive depth. Both Jones and Coghlan clearing waivers actually makes them more useful as depth pieces than they originally were. Both can get AHL ice time when needed, and depending on whether a righty or a lefty goes down, they can call up either of them at convenience. Hopefully our utterly stacked defense stays as healthy as they can so that there's no need for callups, but in an 82 game season, that's kind of unlikely.

The second is on Chatfield and the possibility that he walks next offseason. I honestly don't see that happening; my bet is that he re-signs for 2-3 years. Almost immediately after the season is up, he becomes a key piece on the bottom-pair due to likely UFA-related departures. I think that even with him technically being a #7 this year, all parties must understand how uniquely great this particular defense is. If Dmitry Freaking Orlov is technically the #5 and an over 0.5 PPG on average TDA is the #6, it's difficult to make a case that you're the better choice over either of those two.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is this thread meant to replace the "news and notes" thread?

Or is it meant to be the "roster thread" what we have during the season (which makes sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad