Regier, Rolston fired; Pat LaFontaine-President of Hockey Ops; Ted Nolan-coach

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Realistically, if they actually brought Nolan back to coach - would it be totally ****ing crazy?

I'm torn.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Well, Bucky certainly put whatever credibility he has left on the line. We shall see.

Blueblood 2

Jul 7, 2006
I like this move because of the way LaFontaine told Wang to stick it when he held a similar role with the Islanders.

Pat isn't a Yes Man that is cashing a check.

This is a very positive point. It automatically puts him at the other end of the spectrum from Mike Milbury! Always liked Pat's leadership in his short stint with the Rangers.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Outsiders POV, so ignore or take very lightly.

If the Nolan hiring is true, God speed, guys. I think it's a bit odd that the organization would fire a coach amidst a rebuild.

Also feel kind of bad for Ron. He didn't get dealt the best hand - though it's not like he did anything that special either.

But, where's the patience?

It's very interesting to watch. I have a decent amount of respect for the Sabres. I went to UB, so I understand the passion you guys have for the team.

Best of luck going forward, and fire Darcy already ;)

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I don't buy the Nolan stuff. That said, he commands his players' respect and they work for him as a result -- something that can't be said for Rolston, it seems.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Outsiders POV, so ignore or take very lightly.

If the Nolan hiring is true, God speed, guys. I think it's a bit odd that the organization would fire a coach amidst a rebuild.

Also feel kind of bad for Ron. He didn't get dealt the best hand - though it's not like he did anything that special either.

But, where's the patience?

It's very interesting to watch. I have a decent amount of respect for the Sabres. I went to UB, so I understand the passion you guys have for the team.

Best of luck going forward, and fire Darcy already ;)

Rolston is just a bad coach. He wasn't even good in the AHL.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jeremy White ‏@JeremyWGR 2m
Paul Hamilton reports Pat Lafontaine will be Pres of Hockey Ops and Ted Nolan will be the Head Coach. No word on Regier role or assts yet.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
To be fair, Hamilton does sometimes just parrot something from Twitter as something he's confirmed just to walk it back later, but......

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
man... I can't figure whether Bucky Gleason just put the final nail in his career... or revived it... lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->