Regier, Rolston fired; Pat LaFontaine-President of Hockey Ops; Ted Nolan-coach

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
If he doesn't have some power to push Regier around, I don't even know what his job description would entail. All of us agree Regier has strengths and weaknesses (okay, some people deny he has any strengths), so bringing in something akin to a co-GM might be really helpful in the long run.

So who gets to fire Rolston? :)

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Choosing Pat LaFontaine, whether inspired choice or a disaster, means at least upper management recognizes that the Sabres front office lacks hockey minds, both in terms of quality (arguably) and quantity. Throwing in another perspective, and one who can be a counterpoint or good teammate of Regier, is a good move, IMO. And personally, LaFontaine is a very bright guy who knows hockey. Sounds like a good move to me and something that should re-energize the organization. Too many bad vibrations right now, even if you "embrace the tank."

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
On June 7, 2006, the Islanders announced that Pat LaFontaine would return to the Islanders as Senior Advisor to the Owner. This was short-lived, however, as LaFontaine resigned in protest only six weeks later on July 18, the same day that Neil Smith was fired by the Islanders.

So I don't think he'll just be a push over

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Confusing to name an overseer now an not prior to the rebuild starting. Seams to me that if this is bringing in a person to be the hockey eyes above Darcy that it must be a reaction to how bad this season started.

Karate Johnson*

I hate Regier as GM and I'll agree he has strengths.

Hopefully he has to run everything by Pat LaFontaine....

And hopefully Pat can instruct Darcy.

I wouldn't be surprised if this move is to put pressure on Darcy, and it may result in him resigning eventually.

In the business world the quickest way to get someone to resign is take away autonomy and make them report to a new person.... Terry obviously knows this. It makes them uncomfortable

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Bucky Gleason ‏@TBNbucky 2m
Now hearing that Darcy and Rolston are out, LaFontaine in and possibly Ted Nolan returning as coach.

wut

Hahaha. If Bucky is right, I'll have to eat crow, but man, I bet $100 this is just him proving how out to lunch his sources are. He just says whatever gets him off.

When did the era of no consequences for reporting bad information start? These guys act like random bloggers.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
On June 7, 2006, the Islanders announced that Pat LaFontaine would return to the Islanders as Senior Advisor to the Owner. This was short-lived, however, as LaFontaine resigned in protest only six weeks later on July 18, the same day that Neil Smith was fired by the Islanders.

So I don't think he'll just be a push over

nor should anyone think Regier is getting fired

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
So 20 games "officially" into the rebuild, the suffering is too much. Wonderful.

Will there ever be a plan we carry to fruition?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Nah. You gotta laugh at this hire which is all he's doing. Sort of like the Bills' misguided decision to bring Marv Levy back into the fold. It's purely a desperation move.
And yet when St. Louis and Columbus brought in John Davidson everyone was all over their dicks. Buffalo does something similar and it's useless apparently.

barnell

butter knife hockey
Mar 28, 2010
Rochester, NY
Nick Cotsonika (of Yahoo Sports) apparently thinks Bucky's tweet is credible enough to RT it, and go on as if it is true.

He's generally on the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad