Regier, Rolston fired; Pat LaFontaine-President of Hockey Ops; Ted Nolan-coach

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hopefully the new guy comes in takes a look at Rolston and says "Him?".

Bye Ron.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Darcy.

It's an admission that Darcy might not be the guy to put this all back together. He sure is good at selling assets for value, but his contract negotiations lately have been off the mark. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
If it's not a personnel change (IE trade) or coach/GM related, then *yawn*

Just fire Darcy already then. I don't see the point of having so many guys with essentially the same job (Ted Black, Darcy Regier, New Guy)

LOL you think Ted Black and Darcy have the same job?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Ok Pat here's the deal, I hate talking to the media about the on ice product and personnel desiscions so put on this bullet proof vest and start talkin.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
TBH, I have no opinion on this move. Sometimes you bring in ex-players into management and they're brilliant. Sometimes they're horrible. The only thing you can say for sure right now is this move is going to be popular, because Patty's good and popular.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Wasn't there rumbling recently of them talking to a few guys, speculated to be about a GM position? I guess it could have been this.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
TBH, I have no opinion on this move. Sometimes you bring in ex-players into management and they're brilliant. Sometimes they're horrible. The only thing you can say for sure right now is this move is going to be popular, because Patty's good and popular.

I like this move because of the way LaFontaine told Wang to stick it when he held a similar role with the Islanders.

Pat isn't a Yes Man that is cashing a check.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I'm fine with it. A fresh set of eyes is a fresh set of eyes. Regier will still make the brunt of the personnel decisions (something that makes sense considering the rebuild has started and it is his visition), but giving this position to a guy like Lafontaine, a former NHLer, ensures that dinks like Ron Rolston won't be around for long.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Seems like a quick PR move to me. Someone convince me I'm wrong. (Really...I want to be more optimistic.)

If he doesn't have some power to push Regier around, I don't even know what his job description would entail. All of us agree Regier has strengths and weaknesses (okay, some people deny he has any strengths), so bringing in something akin to a co-GM might be really helpful in the long run.

I think you could fairly fire Regier for many year old faults, but I can't find fault in his last 12 months. So this might be the next best thing.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i was hoping for someone with... some experience
but I love Lala.... so, i'll just pretend this is awesome...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->