Regier, Rolston fired; Pat LaFontaine-President of Hockey Ops; Ted Nolan-coach

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
For calling it major. A resigning is not major, they do not do press conferences for that. As others pointed out, it looks like we have created a new position of President of Hockey Operations. I wonder who they are bringing in?

Re-signing Miller would be major, IMO.

Same with the team's captain.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
@JSportsnet

Sounds like Buffalo will announce the creation of a new position in the org. today, President of Hockey Operations.

Oooh. Okay. If they're not going to fire Regier (and that makes sense given that, over the last year, he's done exactly what he needs to) this might help bring some perspective to our personnel decisions over the long term.

I think we mostly agree the Darcy's weaknesses include buying and making long term signings. If this is an organizational figure who can help him in the areas he's weakest, I support it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
People would be mad with Devine being so close to Regier but I like Devine and his passion. His drafting has been solid

I don't see them kicking Regier upstairs, but I could be wrong.

Regier to Dir of Hockey Ops and then someone like Botterill to GM would be major!

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
It will be a new hire as director of Hockey Operations, but they will release only a photo of his sleeve for now. Steve Ott will present the picture. :shakehead

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Bob McKenzie confirming reports of new position:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: As others have reported, BUF announcement is to introduce new president of hockey operations to oversee all hockey aspects of organization.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Good news, I think, yet so disappointing.
Worked for St. Louis and may be working for Columbus.

Wonder what one of the many friends of the organization it will be. Going to laugh if it's Bowman.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Bob McKenzie confirming reports of new position:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: As others have reported, BUF announcement is to introduce new president of hockey operations to oversee all hockey aspects of organization.

so it is definitely not a move for Regier to a different role.... hmmm

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
so it is definitely not a move for Regier to a different role.... hmmm
Well no we never officially had one so Regier would still be a new one.

It's more than someone washed up and past their prime because that's how we do things.

Neil Smith come on down!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is this about Joe Battista? Former Penn State hockey guy who organization recently added?

http://www.gopsusports.com/genrel/102913aaa.html

Joe Battista, longtime Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics employee and Associate Athletic Director for Pegula Ice Arena and Hockey Development, has announced that he will leave Penn State Athletics, effective Nov. 8. Battista will begin his new role with Pegula’s East Management Services as its Vice President of Hockey Related Businesses Nov. 11.

It sounds like he got a different job.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
If it's not a personnel change (IE trade) or coach/GM related, then *yawn*

Just fire Darcy already then. I don't see the point of having so many guys with essentially the same job (Ted Black, Darcy Regier, New Guy)

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The tweets are a joke, the press conference is obviously about Macklrmore agreeing to write a new goal song that will be unveiled with the third jerseys at a free concert in the lobby of the *** center. Leather "non-members only" jackets will be handed out to all attendees who don't work for TBN.

On a serious note, wasn't there talk about giving this position to Lindy at some point? Seams odd that a move requiring so much preplanning would have a "o bee tee dubs press conference" attached to it. Unless promoting Darcy was schedualed for "after the first home win so people aren't mad".

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If it's not a personnel change (IE trade) or coach/GM related, then *yawn*
Well it kind of is.

Right now if Regier wants to make a trade or do anything team related he takes it up with Devine and then takes it up with Pegula. He doesn't really get an "outside" point of view from a Hockey mind unless he's calling up friends like Brian Burke. In this situation he runs it through hopefully to someone who's been around the game for a while that knows the ins and outs of the industry.

It's a pretty big change from the what Regier has been used to.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Looks like Terry has decided someone holding the painter's hand might not be a bad idea after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad