Regier, Rolston fired; Pat LaFontaine-President of Hockey Ops; Ted Nolan-coach

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, If I'm a betting man, #39 to the rafters makes sense.

A nice bright spot on a sore season.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This is way too short of notice for it to be Hasek/Harbor Center related. It's got to be roster/staff.

Regier will move up in the org., new GM will be hired?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Ya the major news makes it interesting for sure. Miller could have resigned 5-6 years? Ott maybe? Trade? Firing?

Trade or firing is usually released as a press release first with a press conference later.

So, I doubt it is that.

HarborCenter or a re-signing of Ott, Miller, or Moulson are the most likely options, IMO.

Maybe something out of left field like retiring #39....

rkorchinski

Jun 26, 2012
Sounds like Buffalo will announce the creation of a new position in the org. today, President of Hockey Operations. per twitter

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
agreed and the reporters will likely chew them out for that deservingly so

Why would they deserve that? They don't have to have a press conference on any given day to acknowledge they're sucking, and they don't have to refrain from discussing all other team related stuff until the team improves. This is exactly the kind of immature reaction I expect from the Buffalo News, though. "Terry Pegula is clueless about his team's problems because he continues to address other matters in the midst of them."

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
If it is roster related, Miller to LA could be a dark horse possibility if Quick is worse than people think. LA is not going to go with Scrivens long term.

My guess is Hasek.

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 50s
Haven't gotten the details yet, but a "major" news conference by the Sabres at 10:30 a.m. will indeed be major news.

--

Could it actually be Miller?

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
My guess is there will be an organizational shift in authority. Regier takes on the new role and someone is hired to either be the GM or Director of Scouting depending on if Devine slides into Regier's spot. Just a gut feeling.

Edit: Of course, I start work at 10:30.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Why would they deserve that? They don't have to have a press conference on any given day to acknowledge they're sucking, and they don't have to refrain from discussing all other team related stuff until the team improves. This is exactly the kind of immature reaction I expect from the Buffalo News, though. "Terry Pegula is clueless about his team's problems because he continues to address other matters in the midst of them."

For calling it major. A resigning is not major, they do not do press conferences for that. As others pointed out, it looks like we have created a new position of President of Hockey Operations. I wonder who they are bringing in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad