Regarding Kiprusoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
psycho_dad said:
So becauce Duhatschek says it is so, it is so? Kurri said earlier, that they had agreed with Kipper that they would select him to the team and review his status closer to the olympics.

I'm sure Duhatschek know a lot more about this situation than you. He works in the business and has more connections and resources than you. He wouldn't go on HNIC to make up stories knowing millions of peoplare are watching him.

In regards to you, you have no basis to call him a liar because you quite frankly don't have the inside information. Even on TSN, they reported that Kippur had pulled himself out. Why not go questioning TSN reports...??

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
I'm sure Duhatschek know a lot more about this situation than you. He works in the business and has more connections and resources than you. He wouldn't go on HNIC to make up stories knowing millions of peoplare are watching him.

In regards to you, you have no basis to call him a liar because you quite frankly don't have the inside information. Even on TSN, they reported that Kippur had pulled himself out. Why not go questioning TSN reports...??

It's not his word against mine, its his words against Kurri. I thought this was simple enough for everyone to comprehend.

General manager of team finland says something and this report guy says the opposite. Which one has more inside knowledge? The guy who writes hockey columns or the one who was actually talking with Kipper about joining the team and his injury?

And nobody has said that Kipper did not pull himself out. Of course he did, the discussion was about whether or not he was told to do so by Calgary flames, which is obvious.

Did you even bother to read what had been said?

Last edited:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Actually, it is his word against your interpretation of what Kurri said.

Can you please show me where Kurri defined "we" as being himself and Kiprusoff rather than Kurri and his staff?

Quite frankly, I'll take Duhatchek's word on this one.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
So the Flames fan want to keep stirring up this crap once again, even when the last thread was locked.

Let's make few things clear:

1) Dutschaek gets his info from Sutter & co, and thus his information is automatically biased. GMs use their beat writers as a information/propaganda tools very often. Anyone who thinks that Dutschaek is 'setting the record straight' is a naive fool.

2) Kipper has a hip/groin injury which should be rested NOW, not in february. They are risking a possible season-ending surgery by playing him more than any other goalie in the league. That would mean end to Calgary's play-off success and could possibly mean being out of play-offs altogether.

3) Flames fans think they know Kipper & his attitude better than anyone after knowing him for massive 2½ seasons while there are posters here who have been following his career 6-8 years longer than them.

This thread is most likely heading in to the same direction as the previous locked one.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Resolute said:
Actually, it is his word against your interpretation of what Kurri said.

Can you please show me where Kurri defined "we" as being himself and Kiprusoff rather than Kurri and his staff?

Quite frankly, I'll take Duhatchek's word on this one.

Too bad you can't understand Finnish. But here goes:

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/hockeynight/

This article "Kiprusoffin lonkkavaiva oli tiedossa"

"Jari Kurrin, Erkka Westerlundin ja Miikka Kiprusoffin kesken kuitenkin sovittiin, että Kiprusoff nimetään joukkueeseen ja tilannetta tarkastellaan lähempänä olympiaturnausta uudelleen."

Translates to "A decision was made between Jari Kurri, Erkka Westerlund and Miikka Kiprusoff that Kiprusoff would be named to the team and his situation would be reviewed closer to the olympic tournament"

"- Luonnollisesti olemme keskustelleet Kiprusoffin kanssa hänen terveystilanteestaan useasti. Kipru on ollut huolissaan lonkkiensa kunnosta ja tietysti urastaan, mutta sovimme nimenomaan, että hän on mukana joukkueessa ja katsomme lähempänä olympiakisoja, mikä Kiprusoffin pelikunto on ja teemme ratkaisut tuolloin, vahvistaa maajoukkueen GM Jari Kurri."

Translates to "Naturally we have discussed the health issues with Kiprusoff quite a few times. Kipru has been worried about the condition of his hips, and naturally of his career, but we made a deal, that he will be in the team and that his situation will be reviewed closer to the games, and then we would make decisions, confirms the GM of Team Finland Jari Kurri".

It clearly states, that they made a deal, they agreed WITH Miikka Kiprusoff.

I really dont understand this unhealthy belief for Duhatchek. If you and your mother had a conversation about something, and Duhatchek wrote the exact opposite about your conversation in his column, you would believe him rather than your own memory....even though he was not even present?

Come ON! General manager of team finland says this was the deal. Why on earth would some god damn reporter know better what the deal was between Kurri and Kiprusoff? Can you explain it in any reasonable way? Does he tap their phones? Even then he would not know any better, he would only know equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad