Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If there isn't any such study, I assume it's because researchers don't want to spend years smelling the armpits of strangers. Some knowledge is just not worth the cost of acquiring it.
hahaha
valid point, sir... valid point.

People go far out for those government grants, but there is a line along the way some won't cross.

Reactions: billybudd

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Weight plates I ordered from Titan were lost during shipping and they have no more so they just refunded me. A few more weeks of jogging.

Getting heavy DBs and weights right now is harder than toilet paper. Meatheads galore ain't messing around. :laugh: I had to order some heavy ones and went to 3 places.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I gotta say, I'm kinda liking how generally pleasant the thread is now.

giphy.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I gotta say, I'm kinda liking how generally pleasant the thread is now.

Reminds me of being in the military.

Out on a mission, all the guys together... everyone is cool and chill, no problems.

Get back home and throw women and alcohol into the situation and everything falls apart. Fighting over women... fighting just to fight...

Reactions: billybudd

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Maybe look at powerblock type adjustables if you need dumbbells. Might be that those would have slipped through the cracks. Think some brands will go up to 100.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
100% - I was really shocked to see how little sugar I actually take in once really finding healthy foods. Sugar comes from fructose in fruits but basically outside of that, my sugar intake from food is legit so insanely low.

Except peanut butter. Holy shit I love peanut butter. :laugh:
I don't eat peanut butter often, but my god when I do I can't stop :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pop is a big problem for a lot of people. My siblings will complain about losing weight while downing 4 cans of pepsi during a single visit. If they did what you do, they'd be good. That's most of their excess fat gone from 1 single change in their diet.

I abused pop like a drug when I was younger. At least 2-3 cans a day.

Sometimes I’d wake up in the middle of the night and go take a swig of pop from the fridge because I craved it so bad...

I was a major addict. Still am... I’m a recovering popoholic.

I can literally relapse at any time if I’m not careful - no joke.

It’s an every day struggle.

1 pop a week? I'm happy to have cut back to 1 Coke Zero a day. :laugh: It's no sugar or calories, so its not bad for weight, but I'm sure it's giving me cancer or something :cry:

My biggest problem is snacking though. Mainly when I watch TV or movies. I can sit and play video games or hang out with people and not even think about food, but put a movie on and I am craving whatever the f*** I can get my hands on :laugh: I only buy snacks in the individual size bags now like you'd pack a kid for lunch. I generally have the willpower to buy the right things, but put a family size bag of chips in front of me and that shit is getting eaten.

I hear you with late night snacking. I curb that by eating oranges or apples... it’s a mental thing really. It’s tough though because I want carbs or sugar.

Getting to where I am now with pop from when I was younger was a huge battle, believe me.

It’s scary how much I ate when I was younger... I would eat a large pizza by myself at least twice a week... and since I was a bachelor I always had friends over and we would order shit a few more times a week.

We used to order wings. subs, hamburger hoagies (16 in sub with 5 patties).

I would eat two subs or an entire hamburger hoagie by myself... then grab a slice of pizza from the pie we got or eat a few wings.

Yet I was 215 of solid muscle.

If I wasn’t on like 3 hockey teams and working out like a fiend, I would have needed a motorized scooter to get around I think...

If I did that now I’d have a heart attack in a few weeks probably or be on an episode of “My 600 lb Life”

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Reminds me of being in the military.

Out on a mission, all the guys together... everyone is cool and chill, no problems.

Get back home and throw women and alcohol into the situation and everything falls apart. Fighting over women... fighting just to fight...

As Alexander Dumas wrote, whenever there is a problem, Cherchez la Femme.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
i had to make a pb&j for lunch the other day for the first time in actual years and kept going "hmmm, this needs just a little bit more"

it took forever to chew but damn was it good :laugh:

Try PB2. It really is "diet peanut butter" and really good diet peanut butter, at that. Just mix 1 parts water to 1 parts PB2 and you've got PB-Sauce

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Any Penguin-themed masks we should be wearing, now that we've finally come around to common sense on the mask thing?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm sure you know about it but if you don't and for others..

QSMTrw_y4XUxDz4DILcL3y_m4MEml1m4di32EJ0DjMbWm7Z17cIKTbyB1g1QexTzlEttSidwgHJakf0IT8IYStaUGHJX8Tg6XqdeoDxa_s4dXZHKIIRhsIfb6OrU3pHt1rwnF7SU3CQmc9qWnltf1Hs8w8s

61rAR3xepNL._SX425_.jpg

That's what I put on my apples or pb2 on top of protein ice cream or in protein shakes.

Funny you mention. Nuts n More cookie dough gets my fix of cookie dough when i need it every so often. And PB2 I put into my protein shakes to make sure i don't load my protein shakes with like 400 calories of pb :laugh:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I have some self-respect, man. :laugh:

I've abandoned all self-respect into a pool of despair, depression and anxiety. And golf withdrawal.

At least I'm not wearing sweatpants. Mostly cause I'm too lazy to wash them (my alt says he's gonna do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad