Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just gonna copy Cole's post:

*** I cannot stress this enough. Some political talk is fine, but once we start to show party lines, it's 100% done. This is not a political debate. We can talk about how it affects politics (unemployment, help on the way financially, etc) - but we cannot go into party lines. I will immediately remove you from the thread. There will be no more warnings.***

It looks like we are going through out stages as this virus frustrates all of us. Anger is quite the overall response right now. I just want to reiterate to please be careful on political discussion. Obviously it will play a slight role but we just have to be aware.

Let's learn to respect and love one another. Heated discussion is good, but learn when to agree to disagree.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Man I'd hate to be a mod for this f***ing thread haha

Serious question. Why does difference in views or opinion bother so much of the younger generation so much, that they want to censor it?

I have a different way at looking at the world, I'm not saying I'm right. But what angers me to my core is the mob mentality being forced in modern culture where if you step up out of the crowd to dare and question the "mobs" group think, you are immediately castigated, called names and avoided.

You don't have to like me or my opinions. But dear god, there is real danger following the herd. I question everything including what I believe. I am wrong, sometimes I have been proven right. I guess I am skeptic at heart and I trust no one on earth with absolute. Maybe Trump is a danger to us, Maybe Obama really had America's best interest at heart. But am I wrong to ask for evidence when someone offers either thought as fact?

You think I'm wrong, challenge me to offer evidence. I'm more than happy to offer evidence when available or to admit that I can only offer an opinion.

No.... it's a lot easier to call me a loon and move along..... put me on the ban list. I'm not sure how the younger generation ever expects to grow as a person when you only surround yourself with "like minded" robots.

This is even effecting people my age and older. Friends that I used to be able to discuss any topic... now.... not so much. Very sad... have to keep all conversations light and without substance or you know what happens next.

Sorry for being the bane to this board.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Someone mentioned Sous Vide...I just can't force myself to buy a kitchen device that is a 1 trick pony. I feel like the air fryer is good at a ton of stuff and I use it at least 10X a week.
Before I got it I would ALWAYS overeat at the restaurant or whatever bc I know that this leftover is gonna taste like garbage in the microwave, oven or on the stove top.

Now I eat until I'm full (instead of eating until I'm about to puke) and don't feel bad about leftovers. I've also lost ~10lbs and spend less on food.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Serious question. Why does difference in views or opinion bother so much of the younger generation so much, that they want to censor it?

I have a different way at looking at the world, I'm not saying I'm right. But what angers me to my core is the mob mentality being forced in modern culture where if you step up out of the crowd to dare and question the "mobs" group think, you are immediately castigated, called names and avoided.

You don't have to like me or my opinions. But dear god, there is real danger following the herd. I question everything including what I believe. I am wrong, sometimes I have been proven right. I guess I am skeptic at heart and I trust no one on earth with absolute. Maybe Trump is a danger to us, Maybe Obama really had America's best interest at heart. But am I wrong to ask for evidence when someone offers either thought as fact?

You think I'm wrong, challenge me to offer evidence. I'm more than happy to offer evidence when available or to admit that I can only offer an opinion.

No.... it's a lot easier to call me a loon and move along..... put me on the ban list. I'm not sure how the younger generation ever expects to grow as a person when you only surround yourself with "like minded" robots.

This is even effecting people my age and older. Friends that I used to be able to discuss any topic... now.... not so much. Very sad... have to keep all conversations light and without substance or you know what happens next.

Maybe the “crowd” isn’t the problem given the fact you are experiencing this in multiple “crowds”.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

That's life man. I lost friends too along the way with what I think. I have an incredibly open mind. I bounce all over with what I believe. I lost a good friend when I told him 'show me a picture of a real satellite in orbit' and it ballooned into this massive argument, mostly because he saw it as me attacking his beliefs. We used to be able to talk about so many off the wall subjects because it was fun to talk about interesting areas that the masses avoid or consider taboo - and you learn things, but unfortunately something happened to him and he took offense. You never know what other problems people are dealing with in life. Everyone has their struggles and sometimes they change people... some for the better... some for the worse.

Oh well man... along the way you lose friends and gain new ones. That is life. The best friends can be enemies over a mere guy/girl friend. It doesn't take much to turn friends into enemies. Sadly.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Just put jeans on again for the first time in like 13 days. Not that bad.

Also, if my significant other and I somehow both emerge from this employed...we're gonna save a ton of money. Being cheap is so easy when there's nowhere to go/nothing to do. I don't see myself going out to restaurants and especially bars nearly as much after this is all over.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Also, if my significant other and I somehow both emerge from this employed...we're gonna save a ton of money. Being cheap is so easy when there's nowhere to go/nothing to do. I don't see myself going out to restaurants and especially bars nearly as much after this is all over.

We've had a major run on flour and yeast, recently. After the initial craziness.

It didn't take long to figure out that since there is hardly ever bread on the shelves reliably... people are making their own.

Something about that made me smile a lil

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

There lies the massive problem for our economy. There is an army of people doing / thinking about taking those same actions.

All in all... that can be a good thing. People finally stop buying so much useless cheap crap they don't need.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Maybe the “crowd” isn’t the problem given the fact you are experiencing this in multiple “crowds”.

Your right... it was me all along. Not sure how I didn't figure that out. Of course, you are open minded right? You have lots' of friends on all different sides of the fence and you respect all of their opinions correct? I'll just take your word on that one, you wouldn't fib to me would you?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We've had a major run on flour and yeast, recently. After the initial craziness.

It didn't take long to figure out that since there is hardly ever bread on the shelves reliably... people are making their own.

Something about that made me smile a lil

From a money perspective, I find myself asking "what do I miss right now?"

I miss eating in restaurants somewhat. Takeout isn't as good. It's not as fresh.

I hardly miss drinking in restaurants and bars - where a lot of the money spent is - at all.

I miss golf tremendously and I may allocate some of my "going out" money in that direction when this passes. If I'm employed.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Sideline

May 23, 2004

The gym being shutdown and my propensity to eat when I am board are a very bad combination right now.

Agreed on the savings thing. Although I wonder if there won't be a brief surge of socializing once things open. I can see the first night that restaurants and pubs open becoming a celebration. I miss my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->