Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
There's also been credible reports of people misreporting COD and/or not carrying out tests in order to make the casualty numbers seem smaller, not just in America or China, but throughout Europe as well. I'd suspect that we don't have enough data right now to say with any sort of accuracy if the initial forecasts are overreactions, and that's without getting into the fact that it's a bit irresponsible to do so anyhow.

That's the struggle with this thing: the unpredictability

We have so much missing data: the true amount of carriers, the amount of those with symptoms, the amount who are not carriers nor infected.

So we can't with any degree of accuracy predict the spread rate. That's why the experts are like "well to be safe we better stay away from others".

It's like trying to solve a math problem without the associated formulas

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
There's also been credible reports of people misreporting COD and/or not carrying out tests in order to make the casualty numbers seem smaller, not just in America or China, but throughout Europe as well. I'd suspect that we don't have enough data right now to say with any sort of accuracy if the initial forecasts are overreactions, and that's without getting into the fact that it's a bit irresponsible to do so anyhow.

Dang double posting...unsure if anyone else is struggling with this site!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Why is it happening in NYC? What exactly is happening in NYC?

We are at a tipping point for this country. I really wonder if some you get what's going on. We are at a huge fork in the road in our country's history. What happens in the next 30 days will decide the outcome of our of lives moving forward. No one knows what exactly this virus is or isn't. We are getting opposite reporting from all over the globe, anyone here speaking of doom or claiming this is a nothing-burger would be only guessing or spreading someone else's best guess.

I do know as a fact though that if this country is shut down.....which seems to be the desired outcome by the majority of the media and certain politicians.... WE ALL ARE GOING TO BE IN A LOT OF TROUBLE. The virus, I believe personally can be handled by choices that I can make regarding my own health. NO Food, No Energy, No work........ No police......... The society that we have all come to take for granted can go away in a blink of an eye. One missed shipment of gas, or food to your local outlets..... watch what happens next.

I'm not sure why the media is playing this dangerous game right now... I ask myself, don't they care about the outcome, don't they care about their country and or don't at least care about their loved ones??? People are so filled with hate that they are ready to burn it all down to get their desired outcome. Dangerous... very dangerous to us all, no matter where you sit politically, religiously or any other thing that divides us.,

I trust that our President has plan and this is all going to be winding down within 2-3 weeks. That would be the best outcome for us all, and let's all pray that it happens; Then we can all get back to our divisions and hate. (FYI, this is what used to happen in this country at a time of crisis)

giphy.gif

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Awesome. If she is able to get out, please have her look into intravenous IV's, high volume Vitamin C. It could cost a bit, but it could also help her quite a bit.
She is not going out, can hardly get out of bed. My Mum bought her the vitamins etc and one of her kids left it at the bedroom door.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Maybe.. . but who do you trust, who do you support blindly, what is their real agenda? I'll tell you this about our current President, his agenda that he ran and won on, was the same agenda he spoke about in private life for over 3 decades.

Our other politicians.... lol, say one thing publicly to get elected and make deals to undercut those same promises behind closed doors, all for a few pieces of Silver.

This country was systematically being sold out for over 4 decades by both political parties. One man comes along and tries to stop it and the MEDIA is so powerful, they turn the very people who are getting screwed against that one man.

You're damn right I trust this man... I have no other options. The sad thing, you and many others don't see it as well.

Same Message, SAME ISSUES FOR OVER 30 YEARS

To the bolded, no one. You take in all pertinent information and make an informed decision. Anything else and you're a cult follower.

In this situation, experts in the field have had much more realistic suggestions and solutions than say, someone who warned of windmill cancer or stared directly into an eclipse.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Experts - doctors, scientists.

Names... what are they experts on, who funds them? You do realize those experts need to EARN..?

Logic

If Vitamin C cured Cancer at cost of $1000..... Question

Would a business that profits most from Cancer "treatment" offer it as a solution??

"Vitamin C can't cure cancer" "what a moron"......... OK
But if you get a chance, look up research studies from the 1930's..... they might tell you a different story.

I'll save you the trouble, I am a MORON. I am an IDIOT. I know NOTHING. Please add me to your ignore list and then you can all glad hand one another with information shared and retweeted by VERIFIED SOURCES that only have you and your families best interest at heart.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
To the bolded, no one. You take in all pertinent information and make an informed decision. Anything else and you're a cult follower.

In this situation, experts in the field have had much more realistic suggestions and solutions than say, someone who warned of windmill cancer or stared directly into an eclipse.

I do the same, and yet you throw stones with names. It's so easy to discount an opinion by casting someone into a group... and walk away smugly.

I may not be right, but hopefully I'll stir some lurkers into stepping away from socialized programming and lead them to start thinking for themselves.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Names... what are they experts on, who funds them? You do realize those experts need to EARN..?

Logic

Would a business that profits most from Cancer "treatment" offer it as a solution??

But if you get a chance, look up research studies from the 1930's..... they might tell you a different story.

I'll save you the trouble, I am a MORON. I am an IDIOT. I know NOTHING. Please add me to your ignore list and then you can all glad hand one another with information shared and retweeted by VERIFIED SOURCES that only have you and your families best interest at heart.

So everybody has a hidden agenda? Except for the President who has had his businesses and his family's businesses impacted by this situation? Not to mention the fact that he's up for re-election in November. No conflicts of interest there...

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I do the same, and yet you throw stones with names. It's so easy to discount an opinion by casting someone into a group... and walk away smugly.

I may not be right, but hopefully I'll stir some lurkers into stepping away from socialized programming and lead them to start thinking for themselves.

You're passing on info from fringe lunatics and the dark caves they live in on the internet. There's a reason they're called fringe lunatics. But no, it's really the chem-trails, right?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Logic

I don't doubt that pharmaceutical firms would prefer an expensive cure to a cheap one, but with the global numbers we're talking about and the way governments are throwing currency around, any cure would make them a lot of money.

I imagine if vitamin C was a bullet-proof Covid cure, they would just begin manufacturing it in bulk under another name. Bayer, for example, already does produce vitamin C, calling it "Berocca."

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I don't doubt that pharmaceutical firms would prefer an expensive cure to a cheap one, but with the global numbers we're talking about and the way governments are throwing currency around, any cure would make them a lot of money.

I imagine if vitamin C was a bullet-proof Covid cure, they would just begin manufacturing it in bulk under another name. Bayer, for example, already does produce vitamin C, calling it "Berocca."

Or if, for example, temps over 80F killed the virus it might not be doing so well in hosts with an avg temp of 98.6 (and higher during infection).

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
So everybody has a hidden agenda? Except for the President who has had his businesses and his families businesses impacted by this situation? Not to mention the fact that he's up for re-election in November. No conflicts of interest there...

Why did he run? Why would a Billionaire who was loved by the majority of the same establishment give all of that up to become the most hated man in the Free world. Don't bother responding to that question, I already know that you will come back with the Media's answer.... EGO, POWER...

or... maybe stop focusing on him and ask yourself one question.

Why are most of Corporate America, Media, European Union, CHINA, Entertainment industry, Academia ect.....

All lined up against one man????

Where and how were Corporate America Raking in Trillions by offshoring our Jobs and increasing their profits??
Who was buying up Major Media outlets and infusing them with cash even though those same outlets were losing money?
Who was buying up Hollywood and the Music industry, subtly pushing agenda's through entertainment?
Where did companies like NIKE, the NBA see there biggest growth from?
Who was infusing cash into research studies in all of our great universities??

Nothing to see here...... your trusted media tells you to quickly look away.

Harvard University Professor and Two Chinese Nationals Charged in Three Separate China Related Cases

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Logic

Can you link me to any research suggesting vitamin C does cure cancer?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe.. . but who do you trust, who do you support blindly, what is their real agenda? I'll tell you this about our current President, his agenda that he ran and won on, was the same agenda he spoke about in private life for over 3 decades.

Our other politicians.... lol, say one thing publicly to get elected and make deals to undercut those same promises behind closed doors, all for a few pieces of Silver.

This country was systematically being sold out for over 4 decades by both political parties. One man comes along and tries to stop it and the MEDIA is so powerful, they turn the very people who are getting screwed against that one man.

You're damn right I trust this man... I have no other options. The sad thing, you and many others don't see it as well.

Same Message, SAME ISSUES FOR OVER 30 YEARS

Yikes.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Why did he run? Why would a Billionaire who was loved by the majority of the same establishment give all of that up to become the most hated man in the Free world. Don't bother responding to that question, I already know that you will come back with the Media's answer.... EGO, POWER...

Did Bloomberg also have all of your best interests at heart? He was also a billionaire, many times richer than Trump in fact, and yet he poured a ton of money into running for President. Being a billionaire (or a supposed one anyways) doesn't make you some kind of messiah.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Did Bloomberg also have all of your best interests at heart? He was also a billionaire, many times richer than Trump in fact, and yet he poured a ton of money into running for President. Being a billionaire (or a supposed one anyways) doesn't make you some kind of messiah.

I find him very interesting. He never intended to win, he couldn't by entering so late. So why did he run? Who benefited most? Almost a Billion spent where? oh, the media........ NICE

I asked this question earlier, how did Bloomburg make all of those Billions??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->