Post-Game Talk (GBU): Refs=Tank commanders!

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Would it be possible to send Leino to Rochester in an attempt to get him not to show up? What would happen at tht point?

Because I want to avoid him getting bought out. He doesn't deserve any of that money.

Leino could be leaving $11 million on the table by not reporting. Do you seriously think he'd do that?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I felt bad for Deslauriers having to play with Leino. The dude throws a wet blanket on the rest of the line.

The 2 Tylers are both jamming right now. I'm getting a little annoyed at how much Ennis is under-appreciated by many around here.

Ennis has been excellent, he wasn't playing on this level early on in the year, but he's really turned it on post Olympic break.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Stafford's play as of late has been good, but that 2nd hawks goal all I seen was Stafford gliding in waving his stick at his man that just fired the puck into our net..

Rest of the game was ok, we are screwed now that Miller is gone though..
Haven't checked replay, but I thought that was Hodgson's man.
edit - my bad: Hodgson wasn't on ice. On the 3-on-2 Stafford didn't cover the LW who gave the pass cross-crease to Toews. Textbook 3-on-2. Nice play by the Hawks.

to the bolded: What does it really matter?

Well it was a reasonably competitive game and we had a chance to send it to OT at the end, so what the hell.
Disallowed Ennis goal as well...

Disclaimer - I missed the first period.

Ted Nolan should get a Jack Adams vote just for this game alone. Rested Black Hawks team and the Sabres ice 5 total skaters who are either non-4th-line forwards or top-pairing d-men on most other NHL teams.

Your legit NHL 5: Myers, Ehrhoff, Hodgson, Ennis, Stafford.

The rest:
On D: McBain, Ruhwedel, Weber, Tallinder.
At F:
Waiver acquisitions: Konopka, D'Ags, Conacher
AHL tweeners: Ellis, Deslauriers, Flynn
Also: Scott, Foligno, (plus the black hole of hockey, Ville Leino)

The game was competitive, Enroth was sharp, Sabres PK was good, and the possession wasn't lopsided in the last 2 periods.

Last edited:

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Does anybody know what Millbury had to say about Myers? Not that I lend any credence to his opinion at all, but it's always nice to see hear what the national media are saying about our guys.

Millbury usually goes on a "I hate the Sabres and they happen to be bad this year" rant inbetween periods. He didn't, he deferred to the other two who complemented the Sabres, Myers specifically.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Good
Myers Justifying his contract, the block at the end with his body and his stick block later in the shift...As much as Girgensens is an untouchable Myers should be put in the same boat.
Ennis-Conacher combo will lead to some exciting hockey.
Deslauriers would be on my third line with Flynn and Girgensens if Z was injured. If he's an example of a player Murray will target, I have high hopes for the future of this team.
Foligno - Has added Jam to his game. Seems to me a few guys have really stepped up their game when Miller and the rest left.

Bad
I would like to compare our percentage of getting the puck out of the zone when sending it around the boards compared to other teams. I think our percentage is probably in the 10-15% range.

McBain - As much as I like his offense his defense is very bad

Ugly
Milbury
Seeing Rod the Bod's nose on NHL's Top 10 Americans

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I went to the game last night. Sabres were extremely competitive in this game, and the Ennis goal should have been counted 100%. Conacher looked great as well with Ennis and Stafford. Myers had another great game. The atmosphere was great with a sold out crowd, loads of Hawks fans.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
In the most unsurprising development of the night, the Ennis-Stafford duo were much better now that Lame-o, the human anchor, was taken off their line and replaced with Conacher.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
Good:
Myers! Looking fantastic yesterday
Conacher not shabby for a waiver claim
Ehrhoff slash on Toews payback after he hit Enroth's glove
Patrick Kane nonchalantly skating the puck into the zone and missing the empty netter by 0.00001 seconds

Bad:
when Foligno tries to dangle
Trying to piece together three defensive pairings
John Scott foot speed

Ugly:
Ruhwedel; very, very rough game
Ville Leino turnovers
Disallowed goal for fake reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad