Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Flint 2nd 2019 was for the conditional 2nd 2024, had nothing to do with the 2022 2nd. Been trying to find a deal where Osh owed a conditional that the 2022 2nd covered and that team owed erie a conditional as well but not able to find one.

post the question on Erie thread, maybe the poster from pre-season can explain that Cirelli transaction again

Reactions: member 71782

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
@coolwood
The WSR 2 2024 is listed as being held by Oshawa, but I thought they sent it (conditionally) to Kingston in the Neumann trade?
Also, maybe related, there is a note in Oshawa's picks saying the WSR 3 2024 was sent conditionally for Neumann, but I think that pick was sent to Niagara for Tomasino (and you correctly show the pick as belonging to Niagara). Perhaps the note should have been in the cell to the left, relating to Windsor's second round pick instead of the third round pick in 2024?

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
@coolwood
The WSR 2 2024 is listed as being held by Oshawa, but I thought they sent it (conditionally) to Kingston in the Neumann trade?
Also, maybe related, there is a note in Oshawa's picks saying the WSR 3 2024 was sent conditionally for Neumann, but I think that pick was sent to Niagara for Tomasino (and you correctly show the pick as belonging to Niagara). Perhaps the note should have been in the cell to the left, relating to Windsor's second round pick instead of the third round pick in 2024?
Good catch, my mistake! Sometimes my brain gets all jumbled when I'm doing multiple trades with several picks. Thanks!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Anybody know if there will be a window to trade picks this week before the draft as in previous years?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
This data base does not include the most recent trades from March 30-31st of 2020.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The OHL just posted all the 2020 picks on their website. It looks like it is updated up to the end of the trades on March 30. These are the discrepancies between what the posted and what the draft pick database had.

According to the OHL website:
BAR does not have SOO 6th
BAR has BAR 7th
ERI has BAR 3rd
ERI does not have HAM 5th*
ERI has ERI 6th
FLT does not have FLT 4th
HAM does not have BAR 3rd
LDN has KIT 5th
HAM has HAM 15th
NB does not have HAM 15th*
OSH does not have ERI 6th*
OTT does not have BAR 7th
OS has FLT 4th
SOO has SOO 6th

March 30, 2020 trade:
LDN does not have LDN 10th
BAR has LDN 10th

March 30, 2020 trade:
LDN does not have LDN 8th
OSH has LDN 8th

March 30, 2020 trade:
KGN has LDN 6th
LDN does not have LDN 6th

March 30, 2020 trade:
FLT does not have SOO 2nd
GUE has SOO 2nd
GUE does not have GUE 4th
FLT has GUE 4th

Last edited:
Reactions: coolwood

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Thank you everyone for being patient for the sheet to get updated, I am somehow still very busy despite what is going on in the world around us.

A few notes:
- I have no idea why the Soo had their 6th this year, they traded it straight up for Jaden Peca, no condition (as far as we know), I assume we will see Barrie miraculously have a Soo pick in the coming years.
- I can't find any direct reason Erie had Barrie's 3rd. As far as I'm aware Hamilton should have it unless there was some complex exchange through another team.
- Same with Flint's 4th...
- LDN having KIT 5th through Flint could be the condition on the Emmet Pierce trade
- Sarnia picked for Mississauga's 6th when the database shows Kitchener owning it, couldn't find any correlation here either

More unknowns than I would have liked this year but thanks to the people who helped me out.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Thank you everyone for being patient for the sheet to get updated, I am somehow still very busy despite what is going on in the world around us.

A few notes:
- I have no idea why the Soo had their 6th this year, they traded it straight up for Jaden Peca, no condition (as far as we know), I assume we will see Barrie miraculously have a Soo pick in the coming years.
- I can't find any direct reason Erie had Barrie's 3rd. As far as I'm aware Hamilton should have it unless there was some complex exchange through another team.
- LDN having KIT 5th through Flint could be the condition on the Emmet Pierce trade
- Sarnia picked for Mississauga's 6th when the database shows Kitchener owning it, couldn't find any correlation here either

More unknowns than I would have liked this year but thanks to the people who helped me out.

would you know how Erie got rid of Guelph second rounder that they had acquired from soo for Taylor Raddysh?

Or how Niagara got Mississauga 2nd that was in Windsor possession as part of Gave Villardi deal?

could throw five 19 picks with questions out for the boards input since thebworldnisnar a virtual standstill. I think I shared my database with you previously

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014

A few notes:

one last one. Barries third round pick: London traded this to Guelph in Markus Phillips trade. Last possession I show of it is Hamilton. Erie drafted in this position. Any one know chain of events?

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
would you know how Erie got rid of Guelph second rounder that they had acquired from soo for Taylor Raddysh?

Or how Niagara got Mississauga 2nd that was in Windsor possession as part of Gave Villardi deal?

could throw five 19 picks with questions out for the boards input since thebworldnisnar a virtual standstill. I think I shared my database with you previously
You sent me on quite the wild goose chase haha

Edit: It came out a bit more antagonizing than how I intended

1. Guelph got their pick back in the Liam Hawel deal from Kitchener, who got it from Oshawa in the Giovanni Vallati deal, who I believe received it as a condition of the Anthony Cirelli deal (I can't be sure of this, but this is my best guess)
2. Niagara got MISS 2nd from Peterborough in the Akil Thomas trade, who got it in a pre-draft trade from Owen Sound, who got it from Guelph in the Markus Phillips trade, who got it from Hamilton in the Tag Bertuzzi trade, who got it from London in the Robert Thomas trade, then beyond that I can't tell

Last edited:

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Any one want to take a stab on how Windsor was able to trade kitchener 2024 2nd round pick twice once for Will cuylle and the other for Michael Renwick?

member 71782

Any one want to take a stab on how Windsor was able to trade kitchener 2024 2nd round pick twice once for Will cuylle and the other for Michael Renwick?

The Kitchener pick in 2024 was conditional, if Windsor acquired a 2nd in 2020 or 2021 the KIT 2nd 2024 would be returned to Windsor.

Windsor acquired LDN 2ND 2021 from Ottawa, don't know how which was moved to Peterborough which was used in the Jacob Paquette deal fulfilling the conditions on the KIT 2024 2nd which was retained by Windsor.

Cuylle finds new home with Spitfires after rejecting Petes | Windsor Star

Hope that helps.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Reactions: member 71782

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The Kitchener pick in 2024 was conditional, if Windsor acquired a 2nd in 2020 or 2021 the KIT 2nd 2024 would be returned to Windsor.

Actually, that’s not correct. The Kitchener second round pick in 2024 that went to Windsor was part of the Logan Stanley deal. The only condition on those second round picks in that deal was Stanley playing in Kitchener.
Rangers beef up blue line in trade with Spits

After Stanley played his first regular season game in Kitchener, the conditions came off those picks.

It was the Windsor second round pick in 2025 that came to Kitchener in the Jeremy Bracco deal that you’re talking about. In that deal, we received a conditional 2nd (Win) in 2025.
Kitchener Rangers send Jeremy Bracco to Windsor

The condition on that pick was that if Windsor acquired a second round pick in an earlier year, it would come to Kitchener and the 2nd in 2025 would go back to Windsor.

I can’t find it anywhere but I am pretty sure that I heard, via Josh Brown, that the condition was taken off of that second round pick in 2025 as part of the Logan Brown deal to Kitchener. That is why even though Windsor has had second round picks earlier than 2025 in their cupboard from time to time, 2nd (Win) ‘25 still remains as Kitchener property.

I’ve mentioned on here a few times that the condition was waived due to the Logan Brown deal but the * still remains on that pick in the database.

member 71782

Actually, that’s not correct. The Kitchener second round pick in 2024 that went to Windsor was part of the Logan Stanley deal. The only condition on those second round picks in that deal was Stanley playing in Kitchener.
Rangers beef up blue line in trade with Spits

After Stanley played his first regular season game in Kitchener, the conditions came off those picks.

It was the Windsor second round pick in 2025 that came to Kitchener in the Jeremy Bracco deal that you’re talking about. In that deal, we received a conditional 2nd (Win) in 2025.
Kitchener Rangers send Jeremy Bracco to Windsor

The condition on that pick was that if Windsor acquired a second round pick in an earlier year, it would come to Kitchener and the 2nd in 2025 would go back to Windsor.

I can’t find it anywhere but I am pretty sure that I heard, via Josh Brown, that the condition was taken off of that second round pick in 2025 as part of the Logan Brown deal to Kitchener. That is why even though Windsor has had second round picks earlier than 2025 in their cupboard from time to time, 2nd (Win) ‘25 still remains as Kitchener property.

I’ve mentioned on here a few times that the condition was waived due to the Logan Brown deal but the * still remains on that pick in the database.

While you are correct this was related to WSR trading the KIT 2nd 2024 to PBO in the Cuylle deal, resolved with WSR moving LDN 2nd 2021 to meet those conditions then WSR trading the KIT 2nd 2024 to HAM in the Renwick deal in June.

The condition in the WSR/PBO deal was if WSR acquired a 2nd in 2020 or 2021 the KIT 2nd in 2024 would be upgraded and WSR would retain the KIT 2nd 2024.

Nothing to do with the previous KIT/WSR deals you mentioned.

I had also heard the WSR 2nd 2025 conditions were resolved in the Logan Brown trade but never heard how they were resolved so thanks for clearing that up for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad