Referee in Ducks/Bruins game calls a penalty he didn't see.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Mistakes are going to happen.

The notion that we're being watched out for by the refs is laughable. We have the greatest discrepancy of penalties to power plays than any team in the league over the last few years, and that isn't an exaggeration.

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
this is why players embellish, just has to look like something happened

i'm not indicating pastrnak dove in this situation, just pointing out the result can be rewarded even if there was no infraction

So by saying that you're "not indicating" Pastrnak dove in this clip is actually indicating that he did. I know that they completely rewrote the rules last Spring for the Blues where running the goalie and blindside headshots are totally cool but please tell me with certainty whether or not you think Pastrnak dove here, I would love your breakdown of this play.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How is a ref calling penalty on a play he didn't see any different from a ref not calling a penalty on a play he did see? NHL has the worst reffing of any major sport, that's a fact.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
How is a ref calling penalty on a play he didn't see any different from a ref not calling a penalty on a play he did see? NHL has the worst reffing of any major sport, that's a fact.
Spoken like someone who doesn't watch other sports. At least NHL refs make a show of being unbiased.

NBA refs blatantly try to hand the game to certain teams, let guys like LeBron take 9 steps between dribbles and call fouls on any hot player that plays for the wrong team.

Reactions: Monsieur Gustave H

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Eyes in the back of his head!

LOL... your team must be blessed if you haven’t seen this happen to your team before. This happens once every couple weeks against the Oilers, usually Kassian.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006

Actually that’s an opinion and the opposite of a fact.

“The NHL is a hockey league.”
“The NHL has referees and linesmen, not umpires.”

Those are facts.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Ducks always have the luckiest stuff like this go their way.
please go on and give examples/facts on this....while your at it go ahead and look up PP to PK ratio and use that as proof....feel free to throw out the old "they play dirt/cheap" argument as well.

and while we are looking at the "luckiest stuff going a teams way", lets look at the oilers 1 OA picks

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Even bigger problem IMO is the mindset these reffs seem to have, where they feel the need to make a make-up call. Two wrongs doesn't make one right.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Even bigger problem IMO is the mindset these reffs seem to have, where they feel the need to make a make-up call. Two wrongs doesn't make one right.

the fact that even a regular fan can anticipate a phantom call shows how bad the officiating has become.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Spoken like someone who doesn't watch other sports. At least NHL refs make a show of being unbiased.

NBA refs blatantly try to hand the game to certain teams, let guys like LeBron take 9 steps between dribbles and call fouls on any hot player that plays for the wrong team.

100% true. NBA refs intentionally call the game incorrectly. NHL refs have a hard job and they basically have to dedicate their life to hockey in order to achieve it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Since 2015, the Ducks lead the league in penalties against with 1135 (Winnipeg is second with 1096). Discounting Vegas, they’re second worst in PP for with 933 (Columbus 1st with 922). Nobody is remotely close to that -213 disparity, so no, the Ducks absolutely do not always have the luckiest stuff go their way.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think this stems from the fact they can’t retract a bad call. I’ve seen it live once in 30 years of watching hockey, the Crosby/Bruins incident if I remember correctly.

If the other ref could just say to his partner that whatever he thought happened really didn’t (and to stop drinking during games), it would go a long way.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Think this stems from the fact they can’t retract a bad call. I’ve seen it live once in 30 years of watching hockey, the Crosby/Bruins incident if I remember correctly.

If the other ref could just say to his partner that whatever he thought happened really didn’t (and to stop drinking during games), it would go a long way.

Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it. I just don't agree it's the right thing to do.

I think they should at least entertain the idea of conversing more often and reversing the call if it's obviously the wrong one. I understand why they don't do it, since there are a lot of penalties that are up for interpretation.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it. I just don't agree it's the right thing to do.

I think they should at least entertain the idea of conversing more often and reversing the call if it's obviously the wrong one. I understand why they don't do it, since there are a lot of penalties that are up for interpretation.
I find it funny they’ll do it for certain things but not others.

A linesman is allowed to overrule another on an icing.

A puck over the glass gets a bonafide UN meeting.

A skater mysteriously goes down in the middle of the ice with no one around him? f*** that. Someone has to be guilty and it ain’t Mr Toepick

Reactions: Jugitsu

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
please go on and give examples/facts on this....while your at it go ahead and look up PP to PK ratio and use that as proof....feel free to throw out the old "they play dirt/cheap" argument as well.

and while we are looking at the "luckiest stuff going a teams way", lets look at the oilers 1 OA picks
Draft luck is only as lucky as the strength of the draft at the top. They’ve had the best pick of this decade but also the worst. As an Oiler fan im insulted you would even question my knowledge of extremely fortunate breaks in extremely key times going the ducks way. So pretentious. Oilers fans could write a novel on the topic.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
The Pasta call on Comtois seemed to me like a makeup for the noncall when Chara blatantly hooked Rakell when he was in alone on Halak like one minute prior. However, we should all ignore a penalty that arguably could've been not only a penalty but a penalty shot to the Ducks' best scorer.

I thought this was obvious.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8

Since 2015, the Ducks lead the league in penalties against with 1135 (Winnipeg is second with 1096). Discounting Vegas, they’re second worst in PP for with 933 (Columbus 1st with 922). Nobody is remotely close to that -213 disparity, so no, the Ducks absolutely do not always have the luckiest stuff go their way.

Way to completely ignore DVM that quoted you with hard facts that don't fit your narrative. Sorry we beat you. Sorry the refs let you down in a big game. It happens to all teams. I guess you can be forgiven for not knowing that due to one playoff appearance in the last 13 seasons. Doesn't change the facts and stats that prove we're not even close to the luckiest team in the league when it comes to calls.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

Yeah, the Ducks get all the breaks. Like that time Silfverberg got slashed and got his hand broken, but no call. Or that time when Andrew Cogliano got his teeth knocked out by a high stick and the refs were picking up his teeth at center ice, but no call. Or when the Ducks were leading NJ late in a game and Teemu Selanne got called for high sticking that drew blood and the Devils went on to score two goals, including the game winning goal, on the double minor penalty when the replays showed it was Devils player who high sticked his own teammate not Selanne. Yeah, the Ducks always have the luckiest stuff like this go their way.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad