Referee in Ducks/Bruins game calls a penalty he didn't see.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
...and about 10 minutes later there was a phantom call against the Ducks as a makeup. This happens all the time, and the only unfortunate thing about this case is Pasternak probably would have scored 5 goals instead of 4 being off the ice for that 2 min.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
David Pastrnak gets called for a penalty after a Ducks player toe picks in the slot. Pastrnak never touched him.

Were you under the impression that this was the first time a penalty has ever been called in error?

It happens... whether its a toe pick called as a trip, or a phantom high stick (or one cased by friendly fire) they just get it wrong sometimes. As others have mentioned tho... there's usually a make up call in those cases.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
This only happens to the Bruins.

Maybe the Bruins will get less PIMs when they don't have Chara to screen against retaliation. Players like Marchand and Krug are allowed to get away with some seriously insane antics simply because Big Brother is always there to step in.

You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you have some little shit who thinks that licking people is okay.

Last edited:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
this is why players embellish, just has to look like something happened

i'm not indicating pastrnak dove in this situation, just pointing out the result can be rewarded even if there was no infraction

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Blown calls are apparent in the NBA, NHL and NFL as of right now.

COINCIDENCE? Indeed.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
this is why players embellish, just has to look like something happened

i'm not indicating pastrnak dove in this situation, just pointing out the result can be rewarded even if there was no infraction

I’m not sure you saw it yesterday but the Isles got called for a phantom slash against the Blues in the 3rd period. Scott Mayfield collided with another Blues player behind the play, they both sort of went down and the ref somehow calls him for a slash. It definitely was top 3 strangest calls I ever saw

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The only mistake is inferring something happened when you didn't see the infraction. It's lazy.

Have you ever tried reffing? It's easy to miss a call. Most of us wouldn't even know there was a blown call if we couldn't slow down the footage and replay it.

Reactions: mouser

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
Some people think mistakes just happen but I know everything happens for a reason and that reason must certainly be to make my sports team lose.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Some people think mistakes just happen but I know everything happens for a reason and that reason must certainly be to make my sports team lose.
What did you do to piss off the universe so?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad