Referee Dean Morton tells Brendan Gallagher to go f*** himself (WARNING LANGUAGE IN VIDEO)

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Maybe time for a new job? Just because you're taking ****, doesn't mean everyone else should have to.

Referees are human. Of course they're going to get sick of players like Gallagher. All he does he complain and push the limits of what he can do.
Nah, I work with aggressive special needs children. It's in my job title lol.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Wish one of our players showed half the heart of Gally to absolutely ROAST the officials tonight.

These guys are either biased or terrible at their job. Either way, awful people and should be fired.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
IMO as a ref you have to hold your cool, you have to stay unbiased and call the game the right way. I’m not sure I would want this guy reffing any Canucks games if that’s the attitude you bring as a professional. What Gallagher said means nothing in this situation.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Don't care so much for what was said at the end of the game. The officiating in the game is what I have an issue with. Pair that with the comment at the end, and I really start to question this referee's capacities...

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
So soft in this thread. Guys get shoulders to the face nightly and pucks to the teeth weekly in this league. Ref does his job I don't care what he says to who and I'd say the same if he told Patrice Bergeron to go fluff himself.
The issue is he wasn't doing his job and this was his reaction to being advised of that fact.

Reactions: CDN24

Cthulu

May 13, 2014
Montreal
Unprofessional, but also funny. I don't mind it.

Habs are frustrated of missing the playoffs yet again, I understand. It's no fault of the refs, though. Refs are bad league-wide against every team. It's a roll of the dice - sometimes it's in your favor, sometimes it's against you. Habs were perfectly able to lose 8 games in a row twice in the same season by themselves, without any outside help.

If I was the director of officiating, I'd probably have a quick word with Morton about professionalism on the ice and be done with it.

For anyone still angry, I'd recommend to watch this a couple of times in a row:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He will probably get disciplined internally, but we won’t hear anything about it because they don’t reveal their disciplinary actions against refs.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Yay...another thing for people to be outraged over...I don’t see any of the players saying anything or Gallagher himself having some sort of issue . I think when your an adult and you verbally abuse and curse at someone your may get it back once in awhile, shocking this is a thread

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
You can't be serious, right?

Please tell me this is a joke.

Again, I ask you to have a look at MLB and the way the Managers and Umpires interact.

If it's okay in the MLB, I'm pretty sure the NHL will survive this ordeal!!
It's not a joke . Credibility means everything to the league and there will always be doubt with Mr. Morton officiating a game involving the Montreal Canadiens .

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Please what? Lol aren’t the refs supposed to be unbiased and conduct themselves in a personal manor? I get sworn at on a daily basis at the job I work at, if I were to swear back at my clients I would be fired.

You need to do a better job or find a job where that isn't acceptable if it bothers you.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Lots of irony here.

The thread is full of comments about swearing, which isn't a big deal and changes nothing. But when it comes to the blatant missed calls in this game, people simply shrug and say it happens all the time. Which is true, but shows how numb we've become to the real issue of awful officiating and how it changes the outcome of games. "Happens all the time" is zero consolation to the players during the game.

Don't blame Gallagher one bit for boiling over after the refs' level of incompetence.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
And? Is there supposed to be a point to this thread?

Two people exchanged mean words, the horror!

What are we, living in a puritanical Christian community or something?

Even 6-year olds use stronger language than that.

Reactions: Dingo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad