"REF YOU SUCK" chant an Embarr "ass"ment

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
The reffing this year has been atrocious & many referees need to go see their optometrist.:shakehead
The chant is well deserved in my opinion.

I do agree that there are way too many fans in the lower bowl that are only at the game just to say that they were there.
They are usually playing with their phones the entire game & get easily annoyed when true fans cheer too loudly.

Tea sippers is a suiting name for this uppity self entitled crowd of people.

Excellent generalization.
I'm not sure how you expect me to cheer while I sip my Earl Grey.

Perhaps watch section 117, I'm willing to defend my section and say that we are active participants in the fandom.
To the same extent as the upper bowl? On the whole no.
Are we engaged? Absolutely. I rarely see people on their phone tbh.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
I'm way up top in the upper bowl. I have to admit that the lower bowl tea sippers are paying the lion's portion of the bill. One that I couldn't afford except maybe once or twice a year. So, I'll give them props for that. I'll have my fun in the upper bowl. And based on my experience last year (phoenix, buffalo, and boston in the lowers) people are having a lot more fun in the upper bowl (except for the Boston game in December, that was a party everywhere).

As someone who pays for their own seats, I firmly stand by my original post: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=62437179&postcount=48

You have to realize that a great deal of P1 are not paid for by people, but rather organizations. Most people don't realize this but after the luxury boxes renewed, a lot of tea sippers demanded first rights at the lower bowl seats. So now you have a situation where business' have soaked up a lot of choice seating in the most prominent areas of the arena.

A lot of fortunate fans pay to get in those seats, or 'win' them. Even with season tickets, I have paid a small fortune to get into P1 glass seats, and the difference in atmosphere is like going from a mosh pit to a day at Chucky Cheese. Many good fans share seats considering we are one of the most expensive arenas in the game.

Those business seats are prized possessions for staff incentives, charities, auctions, etc. The bad news is you get the tea sippers, and blackberry browsers hoping they get on tv.

Trust me I've been in many an awkward situation down there... almost feeling out of place if I cheer, or stand up. Don't get me wrong it's not all bad, but as I mention until the 'looky loos' get their 'I've been to a Jets game' title, we're going to see this for a while.

I just want to say when the right mix happens in the lower bowl, and they really get into it, I am happy for them. It's a good, clean, fun time for everyone and just adds to the experience. :handclap:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
So because we aren't slurring our words or falling over each other means we lower bowlers aren't having fun?

C'mon... I'm in 222 and our section is one of the loudest always chanting, always cheering, etc. We also do the "Getsome" "Clitsome" chant once in awhile haha.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Excellent generalization.
I'm not sure how you expect me to cheer while I sip my Earl Grey.

Perhaps watch section 117, I'm willing to defend my section and say that we are active participants in the fandom.
To the same extent as the upper bowl? On the whole no.
Are we engaged? Absolutely. I rarely see people on their phone tbh.

Good for you. I'm truly glad you feel you're givin' er on the lower bowl. In the half dozen times I've been down there, very close or on the glass, I've seen my fair share of tea sippers. It simply is a very different atmosphere from up above. You have more people invested in their own seats (far less business freebies). That's not say people like yourself don't cheer.

I've definitely seen 'hardcore' fans down there, when I've been down there.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
So because we aren't slurring our words or falling over each other means we lower bowlers aren't having fun?

C'mon... I'm in 222 and our section is one of the loudest always chanting, always cheering, etc. We also do the "Getsome" "Clitsome" chant once in awhile haha.

See my post above.

If you haven't sat in the 300's I think it's safe to say you're not making a true comparison. And for the record... I've never been drunk at a game. I haven't fallen over anyone either...back to reality. Enjoy your seats. I'm glad you cheer. I expect most people at this forum, with seats, do a good job of it.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
This thread, which was unnecessary to begin with, is thoroughly OT.

Lets get back on topic! How else does fan behavior at the game disappoint people?

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
This thread, which was unnecessary to begin with, is thoroughly OT.

Lets get back on topic! How else does fan behavior at the game disappoint people?

I think one thing I do notice watching more games in upper bowl than from lower bowl is -other team's fans-.

I don't know if it's because it might be easier to get upper seats... or what but the stuff I see happen up there between other teams' fans and ours is.... scary.

The worst is when someone is wearing the other teams' jersey, they score, and in a rather belligerent fashion they stand up and taunt Jets' fans.

That's a big no-no. I instantly know the guy is going to get it. I used to feel sorry for them, but I don't think I would act that way myself.... it usually gets ugly.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
See my post above.

If you haven't sat in the 300's I think it's safe to say you're not making a true comparison. And for the record... I've never been drunk at a game. I haven't fallen over anyone either...back to reality. Enjoy your seats. I'm glad you cheer. I expect most people at this forum, with seats, do a good job of it.
Are you saying you would rather have 300 seats than 200 or 100 if given the opportunity. I don't buy it!

I have sat in the 300's more than once (albeit not for Jets games, but for the world juniors and many other events), the crowd is fun, but I found there to be more drunk idiot rowdies than fun rowdies. This isn't about you specifically Prot.

Guess that's what you get with cheaper seats.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Are you saying you would rather have 300 seats than 200 or 100 if given the opportunity. I don't buy it!

I have sat in the 300's more than once (albeit not for Jets games, but for the world juniors and many other events), the crowd is fun, but I found there to be more drunk idiot rowdies than fun rowdies. This isn't about you specifically Prot.

Guess that's what you get with cheaper seats.

Of course everyone would rather have lower bowl tickets everything being even....but it is not even close if you take the money into account....I would rather watch 2 or 3 games in the upper bowl then 1 in the lower bowl....just my opinion though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad