Reebok Skates

Gooseamania

May 6, 2011
East Lyme, CT
I am a loyal reebok skate wearer (ice and inline), i have a question for anyone else who may be a reebok skate person themselves. does anybody own (our previously owned) a pair of the higher end (9k, 8k) 2009 model reebok pump skates AND now own a pair of the new 2010/2011 reebok pump higher end skates (11k, 10k)? if so how do the models from each year compare to one another? does anybody prefer one year's model over the other?

secondly, if you dont own BOTH years models, does anybody have a 2009 model 9k or 8k OR the 2010/2011 11k or 10k model and how do you like them?

thanks in advance, the price tag on the 11k and 10k are much more than the top end 2009 models (9k and 8k) so i was wondering how much of a difference there was between the different models.

Gooseamania

May 6, 2011
East Lyme, CT
just to simplify the question i asked above, all I am wondering is if anyone prefers the 2009 model RBK Pump ice hockey skates over the current ones out right now.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Never tried either set, but iirc, they improved the Pump durability over the years

Sony Eriksson*

I have the 8k's and i have been loyal to CCM for YEARS and i found the Reebok 8k's are awesome. They are comfortable from the get go and have had only 1 blister but the pumps actually do work pretty well.

jwitz04

Jan 18, 2011
Always had bauer skates then decided to switch to the 9k pumps, and sold them after a few months...they were very uncomfortable. Had to switch back to Bauer skates (x30's)..bauer has the most comfy skates in my opinion.

chrisg19

Feb 15, 2008
Highlands Ranch, Co.
Had both 9k, and 11k. I liked the 9k's, not the most comfortable, but it was a good solid skate. The 11k improved on everything of the 9k, and was much more comfortable. The problem is the 11k's break down really quickly. Check around at reviews of the 11k. Good light comfortable skate, but they don't last. If it were a choice between the two for me, I would get the 9k's, just because they will hold up longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad