Reebok 8K helmets - any feedback?

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm looking to get a white one of these. Can't decide on the black or silver inside shell... I've never had my hands on a white one but I assume the black looks better.

Any of you guys using this lid? Comments?

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
Get the inside shell black, after I saw a pic of one listed on ebay (which I won) i couldnt resist in buying a second helmet, it looks sick.

I also have a black one with silver inserts, lol im a gear junkie.

Great helmet, IMO best looking lid on the market, but protective/comfortable at the same time.

They are on clearance everywhere because the 11k helmet is out (ugly)

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
Might be my next hockey purchase, just discovered my Bauer 7500 has cracks near the bolts where the cage is stopped by those plastic things. (forget the name of them)

Initially, my brother gave me his 8k after he didn't like it, then took it back when he needed a new helmet - had to revert back to my 7500.

I liked it a lot, good ventilation and fairly light. One thing I didn't like was that moulding inside was too grippy and pulled my hair sometimes. :laugh:

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I've had my 8k since it first came out a few years ago now, and I love the thing. I've got a Large Navy/Silver. It's very light weight, incredibly comfortable, and its aesthetically pleasing too. The adjustability on it is so easy, just a couple clicks here or there and you've got a customized fit. It also breathes fairly well, my head never feels on fire like it has with some other helmets. For me though, the 8k is hands down the best helmet I've had, and the best looking helmet on the market. Only complaint I have is that putting a visor on it was a pain in the ass, and it pulls the shell out a considerable amount, looks kinda funky, but the helmet itself is still as comfortable as it was prior to the visor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->