Redwingsfan's top 60 for the 07 draft

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
here is my top 60 for the 2007 nhl entry draft. and keek in mind, this is NOT a mock draft. i dont believe this is where the players will actually end up in the draft. its the 60 players i think are the best prospects.:)

1. pat kane
2. james van riemsdyk
3. jacub voracek
4. alexei cherepanov
5. kyle turris
6. karl alzner
7. sam gagner
8. keaton ellerby
9. kevin shattenkirk
10.zach hamill
11.logan couture
12.ryan mcdonagh
13.billy sweatt
14.oscar moller
15.lars eller
16.mark katic
17.mikael backlund
18.brett maclean
19.nick petrecki
20.simon hjalmarsson
21.angelo esposito
22.jonathan blum
23.david perron
24.zach torquato
25.maxim mayorov
26.joakim anderson
27.luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
28.patrick white
29.logan macmillan
30.max pacioretty
31.brandon sutter
32.thomas hickey
33.tommy cross
34.jeremy smith
35.ian cole
36.t.j galiardi
37.jim o'brien
38.riley nash
39.aaron palushaj
40.joel gistedt
41.michal repik
42.trevor cann
43.sergei korostin
44.yakov seleznev
45.mike hoeffel
46.colton gillies
47.dana tyrell
48.colby cohen
49.nicklas torp
50.vladimir ruzicka
51.radim ostrcil
52.nick ross
53.keven veilleux
54.ted ruth
55.stefan legein
56.t.j. brennan
57.milan kytnar
58.alexander killorn
59.dale mitchell
60.jens hellgren

what do you think:)

Last edited:

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Move up Perron, Repik (maybe best player in Memorial Cup), MacMillian

Move down Hamill, Shattenkirk, Katic

Don't really see a problem where you put Esposito but think he will go higher. Also probably have Gillies a lot lower than where he will go.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Move up Perron, Repik (maybe best player in Memorial Cup), MacMillian

Move down Hamill, Shattenkirk, Katic

Don't really see a problem where you put Esposito but think he will go higher. Also probably have Gillies a lot lower than where he will go.

i think both espo and gillies will go higher of course, but thats not really the point. its just a ranking. i dont believe this is where they will actually be picked.

perron could possibly be a little bit higher, but i just like the guys before him more. im not really sold on repik yet, i think where i have him is fine.

hamill was the best scorer in the WHL in he's draft year, why should he move down??

shattenkirk has great offensive upside and is a great skater. just needs to work on he's defensive game and he will be fine.

i have allways liked katic and had him high on my list even if no other lists had him in the first round. he is without a doubt the best skating d-man in this draft.

i know you just said your opnion, but i had to give you an explanation:)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thanks for the time and effort to do this! Always nice to see differing opinions.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
no Akim Aliu? I thought he was a late 1st-2nd round guy.

I've seen Aliu play about 25 games the last year and a half and he's talented. He's actually a better playmaker than scorer as he can't hit the net. When he starts playing physical, watch out...he's a wrecking ball.

But he is a moron. Rumour is that he had to change billots 5 times during the year, finally ending up staying with coach Foligno...that didn't last long and he was sent home before the playoffs. He came back and played well in the playoffs but he can't get a break because of his bad reputation...refs are on him like crazy.

Some team may get lucky but he'll likely end up quitting hockey in a few years after too many tantrums. Big talent wasted.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Thanks for the time and effort to do this! Always nice to see differing opinions.

thank you. its nice to get some appreciation for something you have been working on for weeks:)

and you are allways a nice guy and thanks everybody for their work.:handclap:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I've seen Aliu play about 25 games the last year and a half and he's talented. He's actually a better playmaker than scorer as he can't hit the net. When he starts playing physical, watch out...he's a wrecking ball.

But he is a moron. Rumour is that he had to change billots 5 times during the year, finally ending up staying with coach Foligno...that didn't last long and he was sent home before the playoffs. He came back and played well in the playoffs but he can't get a break because of his bad reputation...refs are on him like crazy.

Some team may get lucky but he'll likely end up quitting hockey in a few years after too many tantrums. Big talent wasted.

exactly why i dont rank him in the top 60. if he didnt have the attitude problems i would rank him somewhere around 30-40.

i wouldnt think twice about picking him somewhere in the late third-early fourth round. he is definitely worth the risk that late.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Nice rankings, good to see someone elses opinion, but its rather close, I have Shattenkirk a bit lower but for most of it, its close enough,

Moseph

Jan 22, 2007
I really liked your list. I may not know as much as most of the people on here but from what I have read and seen I agree with pretty much everything.

I respect your opinion and was wondering if you could shed some light on a question I've had for awhile. I spend quite a bit of time trying to learn about this draft and I am still yet to read a bad thing about Eller. Seems he is quite gifted offensively and already capable 2 ways so his downside can't be too low. Why is he not higher? I understand people are cautious because of where he is from, and that not every player like this will turn out like Kopitar but from everything I've read it just seems like he's a can't miss guy.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I really liked your list. I may not know as much as most of the people on here but from what I have read and seen I agree with pretty much everything.

I respect your opinion and was wondering if you could shed some light on a question I've had for awhile. I spend quite a bit of time trying to learn about this draft and I am still yet to read a bad thing about Eller. Seems he is quite gifted offensively and already capable 2 ways so his downside can't be too low. Why is he not higher? I understand people are cautious because of where he is from, and that not every player like this will turn out like Kopitar but from everything I've read it just seems like he's a can't miss guy.

he really is a "cant miss" prospect. he has developed a solid two-way game allready. the reason i'm a little afraid to rank him higher is because he hasn't proven himself at a very high level yet. the swedish J-20 league is good, but its not great. the best swedish juniors play either senior hockey or play in NA. so i would like to see him play in the SEL or the CHL before im completely sold. he has been rising a lot lately, but i just feel that i cant rank him higher then #15. the guys ahead of him are also great prospects.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
i dont like guys with attitude problems

Scandinavian mentality?:)

Really like your list, the only one I'm missing is G Kent Patterson. X-Sharkies love for him must have rubbed off on me...I hope the Avs snatch him up with one of their second-rounders.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Scandinavian mentality?:)

Really like your list, the only one I'm missing is G Kent Patterson. X-Sharkies love for him must have rubbed off on me...I hope the Avs snatch him up with one of their second-rounders.

i have heard good things about patterson. both x-sharkie and jon rx are high on him. so that has to count for somthing. but personally i havent seen much of him, so i cant really place him anywhere. and i saw he had to fight for a place with bachman and mcGann this season who are both drafted themselves, but patterson played the most games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->