Signing(s): Redskins sign Adrian Peterson

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Given what we already know about AP's history, I think judgement has long been passed. The guy is a piece of ****.
Some people learn, others don't. There's a line between abuse and discipline. Spanking a kid when the moment is needed is fine. Some of my earliest lessons were learned due to tone and spankings, and it reminded me not to do it again. If he's leaving belt buckle imprints and switch marks, that's another story.

I think the reporter duped AP more than anything, and would like to know more to confirm or deny my stance.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
My parents never hit me and I turned out fine.

Maybe he shouldn’t be such a shitty father and he wouldn’t feel the need to use a belt on his kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockmaster

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Some people learn, others don't. There's a line between abuse and discipline. Spanking a kid when the moment is needed is fine. Some of my earliest lessons were learned due to tone and spankings, and it reminded me not to do it again. If he's leaving belt buckle imprints and switch marks, that's another story.

I think the reporter duped AP more than anything, and would like to know more to confirm or deny my stance.

AP being duped or not is irrelevant. We know the guy has a history and apparently has no remorse over it. He's a sick and twisted person. There's no defending him on this.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
AP being duped or not is irrelevant. We know the guy has a history and apparently has no remorse over it. He's a sick and twisted person. There's no defending him on this.
It's not. Dishonest reporting can take obvious jokes out of context and make a person seem much worse than they are. He was already punished for his actions in the past, and you don't know how he's learned from his past.

All I've seen here is that AP says he still 'spanks' his kids. Until I see context on exactly what spanking is, I'll refrain from smearing him.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
It's not. Dishonest reporting can take obvious jokes out of context and make a person seem much worse than they are. He was already punished for his actions in the past, and you don't know how he's learned from his past.

All I've seen here is that AP says he still 'spanks' his kids. Until I see context on exactly what spanking is, I'll refrain from smearing him.

What do you mean "we don't know how he's learned from his past?" He literally said "I had to discipline my son and spank him the other day with a belt." That would seem to pretty clearly indicate he didn't learn jack from his past.

If you think it's okay to hit a child with a belt then you've got some serious issues.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What do you mean "we don't know how he's learned from his past?" He literally said "I had to discipline my son and spank him the other day with a belt." That would seem to pretty clearly indicate he didn't learn jack from his past.

If you think it's okay to hit a child with a belt then you've got some serious issues.
There's a huge difference between a few smacks on the ass with a belt and beating a child, just as there is a huge difference between discipline and abuse. Just because you fail to see the nuance isn't my issue.

Once again, context is important. It wouldn't surprise me if he's investigated for what he said and if it is proven he went above and beyond in disciplining his son then he should be punished. Just because I don't want to 'shoot first and ask questions later' like most assholes on the internet doesn't mean I am supporting abuse.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There's a huge difference between a few smacks on the ass with a belt and beating a child, just as there is a huge difference between discipline and abuse. Just because you fail to see the nuance isn't my issue.

Once again, context is important. It wouldn't surprise me if he's investigated for what he said and if it is proven he went above and beyond in disciplining his son then he should be punished. Just because I don't want to 'shoot first and ask questions later' like most *******s on the internet doesn't mean I am supporting abuse.

Sorry, but if you think hitting a child with a belt at all is okay, then that's just wrong and we're not going to find common ground on this.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

Once again, context is important. It wouldn't surprise me if he's investigated for what he said and if it is proven he went above and beyond in disciplining his son then he should be punished. Just because I don't want to 'shoot first and ask questions later' like most *******s on the internet doesn't mean I am supporting abuse.
How is hitting a child with a belt not a form of abuse?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Stop trying to die on this hill, dude. Any abuse of a child is wrong.

I'm sick of the "I got hit and I turned out fine" crowd. I got hit as a child - with a belt, shoe, hand, etc. and I turned out fine too! That doesn't make it right. There are other, better ways to parent.

Reactions: GB and Shockmaster

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Stop trying to die on this hill, dude. Any abuse of a child is wrong.

I'm sick of the "I got hit and I turned out fine" crowd. I got hit as a child - with a belt, shoe, hand, etc. and I turned out fine too! That doesn't make it right. There are other, better ways to parent.

I'm not dying on any hill. I already stated the fact that hitting a child is weak parenting.

Idgaf what your life was like growing up. Quit using the term 'abuse' so loosely, especially when you don't have all the facts here.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I'm not dying on any hill. I already stated the fact that hitting a child is weak parenting.

Idgaf what your life was like growing up. Quit using the term 'abuse' so loosely, especially when you don't have all the facts here.

Still tryna die on this hill with that last sentence. If the current facts don’t lead you to surmise “abuse”, you just don’t get it. Keep up the contrarian view though - I’m sure it’s gratifying.

Reactions: Shockmaster

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Still tryna die on this hill with that last sentence. If the current facts don’t lead you to surmise “abuse”, you just don’t get it. Keep up the contrarian view though - I’m sure it’s gratifying.
No, I'm just not a headline reader who wants to hang a man for words he likely said in jest to a reporter when he didn't think he was on the record. Just like you're trying to twist my view by speaking in absolutes.

I bet you think Thornton will really whip out his dong if he scores 4 goals.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
No, I'm just not a headline reader who wants to hang a man for words he likely said in jest to a reporter when he didn't think he was on the record. Just like you're trying to twist my view by speaking in absolutes.

I bet you think Thornton will really whip out his dong if he scores 4 goals.

Why are you assuming he "likely said in jest" when we already know a) AP has a history of child abuse, and b) he's not very bright?

Reactions: Basement Cat

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Why are you assuming he "likely said in jest" when we already know a) AP has a history of child abuse, and b) he's not very bright?
Why are you assuming he isn't very bright?

He's near the end of his nfl career. I doubt he would sabotage what time he has left.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Why are you assuming he isn't very bright?

He's near the end of his nfl career. I doubt he would sabotage what time he has left.

It shouldn't be a revelation to anyone that he's pretty dumb. That was apparent even before he became an abuser.

As for the answer to your second question, see sbove.

Reactions: Basement Cat

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Flogging a child with any instrument is a terryifying thought, regardless of the circumstances. But I still think Peterson deserves at least the fairness of considering that this statement can be misunderstood by taken out of context. With that said, I hope Peterson offers both a denial and some explanation soon .

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->