Redo 2003 with Crosby, Brule, Ovechkin and Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Based on the HYPE of the player during their draft year (not on what they have done since b/c that wouldn't be fair to the '04,'05 draftees) who would make the top 10?

1) Crosby: Best prospect since Mario

2) Ovechkin: Best since Lindros

3) Brule: Would go #1 in any other year

4) Malkin: Would go # 1 in any other year..... its a toss up between Brule and Malkin, I personally would pick Brule but i'm sure many other will pick Malkin

5) Staal

6) Horton

7) Fleury

8) Zheredev again could be swapped w/ Fleury

9) Vanek

10) Michalek

X-SHARKIE

Based on hype I think it would be.

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Malkin....because it was popular for people to say he's as good as Ovechkin or mabey even better for awhile there...all shananigans IMO
4. Brule
5. Fleury...after the WJC's and his play in the Q his hype was louder then the rest of the 03 class IMO.
6. Staal
7. Zherdev
8. Horton
9. Vanek
10. Michalek

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
1) Ovechkin - In a walk. He's big, he's fast, he has a great work ethic, he's proven he can play against grown men, and he plays defense. Most complete prospect with the highest upside. Probably the best prospect to come out in five years.

2) Crosby - Ten years ago Crosby might have become the Next One. But in today's clutch-and-grab defense-first NHL his impact is severly muted. As such, he'll 'only' be one of the better finesse scoring forwards in the league. Still not a bad pick though.

3) Brule - Another 'complete' package player, with all the skills to make it work. His size is troubling, given his style of play, but still a terrific talent who's proven he can contribute in a vafreity of ways.

4) Malkin - Terrific player with better size than Brule, but not the same snarl. I'd probably have listed him higher, but Malkin's already got a concussion history that we know about. Given the Russian's secrecy about medical histories, that's a potential red-flag that should not be completely disregarded. In a close race, that's the tiny advantage that Brule had to stay ahead.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
1. Crosby - Based on the hype has to be #1
2. Ovechkin - Very close to Crosby
3. Malkin - Has it all. Could end up being on par with Ovechkin
4. Zherdev
5. Horton
6. Brule
7. Staal
8. Fluery
9. Michalek