Redline's TOP 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Red Line Report

Believe it or not, a new NHL season is almost upon us and the Red Line Report on Sportsnet is the best source for info on all the top hockey prospects in the world.

Red Line Report has removed three players from our final rankings list due to injury based upon some educated guesswork after speaking with some of the agents involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Joker*

Johnson at 5? I find it hard to believe he'll go that low.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't like the Red Line Report. I had it last year. All they do is enumerate a bunch of skills that the prospect has (while the same could be said of any NHLer) and rank him on their list. And every year a player is ranked very high on their list just to create buzz about their publication. Like in 2001 they had Chistov at no1 ahead of Kovalchuck. :shakehead In 2003 they had Kostitsyn at no4. This year Skille is rated too high...

Red Line isn't very good IMO.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
yeah, i think so too. not too many people, i think, are going to have skille rated higher than johnson.

i like that redline likes guillaume latendresse. i favor him over bobby ryan, a similiar player that's seemingly universally loved around here.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
The Macho Man said:
I don't like the Red Line Report. I had it last year. All they do is enumerate a bunch of skills that the prospect has (while the same could be said of any NHLer) and rank him on their list. And every year a player is ranked very high on their list just to create buzz about their publication. Like in 2001 they had Chistov at no1 ahead of Kovalchuck. :shakehead In 2003 they had Kostitsyn at no4. This year Skille is rated too high...

Red Line isn't very good IMO.
Touche :clap:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The real news in this article is that the player with perhaps the greatest hockey name in this (and possibly the last several) draft may have to opt-out due to injury - Marc-Andre Cliche.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
BlindWillyMcHurt said:
The real news in this article is that the player with perhaps the greatest hockey name in this (and possibly the last several) draft may have to opt-out due to injury - Marc-Andre Cliche.
hahaha

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
"Anze Kopitar scores more often than Paris Hilton on video" :biglaugh:
-does that really need to be in his scouting report?

Skille at 4 and Bobby Ryan apparently the 3rd best power forward in the draft according to RLR.

turnbuckle*

Latendresse is like a runaway freight train that's ran out of gas. Aren't runaway trains normally fast?

Anyway, I do like the kid's hitting ability, but I saw him knocked on his ass about a dozen times in the under-18's alone, it will be quite awhile before he's an intimidating presence in the NHL, especially if he can't catch them.

As for Levasseur staying in his top 10 and Skille being in his top 5, Mr. Woodlief has to be different or there wouldn't be much use in having draft lists other than CSS's would there? He falls in love with a player or two at some tourney or game every year and nothing will change his opinion. It's a unique style, but I'm not about to condemn it, merely question it. I'll be the least surprised person when Staal is picked well before Levasseur. Aparently Kyle will be the most surprised.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
2. Gilbert Brulé C 5-10/180 R 01 JAN 87 Vancouver Top mix of skill and grit in the draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well well well...

jeffbrown

Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
FacelessButcher said:
"Anze Kopitar scores more often than Paris Hilton on video" :biglaugh:
-does that really need to be in his scouting report?

Skille at 4 and Bobby Ryan apparently the 3rd best power forward in the draft according to RLR.

Yeah that's just sensationalistic, pop culture based, useless commenting. If you're a hockey fan, does that really tell you what type of player he is? I mean, yes I guess you get the idea that he scores alot (of goals), but how does he score them? Is he finesse? Is he a Tim Kerr type? When I read the 1 liner synopsises of each player, I was disappointed. How about a bit more useful info instead of trying to be cute? :madfire:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hedberg16 said:
Skille at No. 4?
Levasseaur at No.9?

Skille's a bit high at 4, but he's a surefire top 10 selection IMO. He's got successful pro (think Bill Guerin) written all over him.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
Skille's a bit high at 4, but he's a surefire top 10 selection IMO. He's got successful pro (think Bill Guerin) written all over him.
There's no such thing as "sure-fire" in the draft.

See..

Robbie Schremp
Jiri Hudler
Lauri Tukonen
Zach Parise
Wojtek Wolski
Dan Fritsche
Petr Kanko

At one point they were projected as "sure-fire" top 10 picks.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
avid_leaf_guy said:
There's no such thing as "sure-fire" in the draft.

See..

Robbie Schremp
Jiri Hudler
Lauri Tukonen
Zach Parise
Wojtek Wolski
Dan Fritsche
Petr Kanko

At one point they were projected as "sure-fire" top 10 picks.

I guess you missed the "IMO." I'm not saying Skille will be, but in my opinion he should be a top ten pick.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
I guess you missed the "IMO." I'm not saying Skille will be, but in my opinion he should be a top ten pick.
Based on what?

I'm assuming you haven't seen every other top 10 candidate play.

Guy Flaming

jeffbrown said:
Yeah that's just sensationalistic, pop culture based, useless commenting. If you're a hockey fan, does that really tell you what type of player he is? I mean, yes I guess you get the idea that he scores alot (of goals), but how does he score them? Is he finesse? Is he a Tim Kerr type? When I read the 1 liner synopsises of each player, I was disappointed. How about a bit more useful info instead of trying to be cute? :madfire:

Out of curiosity, how have you found the HF top 40 CHL lists and NCAA/Euro previews by comparison?

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
avid_leaf_guy said:
Based on what?

Good god, whats with your attitude? Its possible to form an opinion on prospects without seeing them play. Sure, its fairly uninformed, but thats no reason to act like a numpty.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
bert said:
Neither one of these guys are 8 but Pouliot at 8 is even more ridiculous.

Myself, I don't see Pouliot being anything special at all. A decent 2nd line scorer. He's far too undisciplined, lazy and inconsistent for me to justify him being this high.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
avid_leaf_guy said:
Based on what?

I've seen several of the other "top candidates" play and IMO Skille is a possibility to be a top ten selection in the draft. His style of play will translate very well to the pros. How many of these guys have you seen?

Last edited:

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Guy Flaming said:
Out of curiosity, how have you found the HF top 40 CHL lists and NCAA/Euro previews by comparison?

I have not seen the Euro preview, can you re post the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->