Redline Report: DRAFT to be JULY 3OTH in Ottawa (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Last edited:

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DarthSather99 said:
yeah, can't get to the links ....isn't Woodlief's top 10 only the forwards?

fixed...yes, Im sorry for not implying that, it is only his top ten forwards. Every year, the week of the draft, he puts out his top ten: goalies, forwards and defensemen lists. I would expect that again within the week of the draft.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Interesting, Bob just mentioned that the draft will be phased into a calender year schedule. Players will have to be 18 by January 1st of that year before they are eligible to be drafted.

You know what that means... :)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Any news on whether or not the draft will be televised? i would imagine that it will be on TSN and ESPN2, but I can also hope that the NHL network shows past the first round (at least show all of day 1).

And lol at Red line for pushin Johnson right out of the top 10

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
The Nemesis said:
Any news on whether or not the draft will be televised? i would imagine that it will be on TSN and ESPN2, but I can also hope that the NHL network shows past the first round (at least show all of day 1).

Are you talking about Jack Johnson? That list included forwards only, no goalies or defensemen.

The Joker*

The Nemesis said:

That's top ten forwards

And I think that only the 1st round will be like that the rest will be done via internet or telephone or something.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
BigE said:
Interesting, Bob just mentioned that the draft will be phased into a calender year schedule. Players will have to be 18 by January 1st of that year before they are eligible to be drafted.

Wait what does that mean? Kessel will have turned 18 in October...No Frolik?? He turns 18 February 17th. No Mueller? He will turn 18 in April. Joensuu is like Kessel so he's fine.

If I'm thinking this correctly no Mueller and Frolik for starters definitely weakens 2006.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Balej's Dance said:
Wait what does that mean? Kessel will have turned 18 in October...No Frolik?? He turns 18 February 17th. No Mueller? He will turn 18 in April. Joensuu is like Kessel so he's fine.

If I'm thinking this correctly no Mueller and Frolik for starters definitely weakens 2006.
No, that will be phased in gradually, as McKenzie said.

As for the draft on TV, Gord Miller said TSN would be doing it. How much, I don't know... last time it was in Canada they did the first three rounds. Anyway, the draft this year might only be one day.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Seachd said:
No, that will be phased in gradually, as McKenzie said.

As for the draft on TV, Gord Miller said TSN would be doing it. How much, I don't know... last time it was in Canada they did the first three rounds. Anyway, the draft this year might only be one day.
They usually televise the first two rounds, have the first three on the first day and then the other six rounds on day 2. This year I heard there will only be 7 rounds and TSN will televise the first 2 only.

Either way I can't tell you how excited I am to have hockey back and real stuff to talk about again.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Puckhead said:
They usually televise the first two rounds, have the first three on the first day and then the other six rounds on day 2. This year I heard there will only be 7 rounds and TSN will televise the first 2 only.

Either way I can't tell you how excited I am to have hockey back and real stuff to talk about again.
The only time I've ever seen the 2nd round was in 2002 when it was in Toronto. Other than that, I believe they've never done more than the first.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Puckhead said:

They only normally go into the 2nd round if the 1st round goes exceptionally fast. TSN normally schedules a set time period for their draft show, designed to encompass the 1st round. If the round runs long, we don't get to see the last few picks. If it goes short, we get a bit of the second. A few years back TSN showed round 1 and the NHL showed the rest of the draft (both days I believe). That was the year before I got the NHL network, and then the next draft wasn't shown on there, just on TSN.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
BigE said:

Actually, I don't.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
JJ24 said:
When will the Central Scouting final rankings be available? They were completed some time ago.
TSN has had the "final" rankings on their page since yesterday, but they're actually still the mid-term ones. Central Scouting doesn't even have any news on their site, but I assume they would have to be out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->