redline ranks chicago #1 at the draft 2006

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Red Line had Riley Holzapfel in their top 12? Most reports I read on him were less than impressive. Anybody out there know what they said about him? I'm curious cause from what I read he's the type of player he usually hates.

I think it's Mike Forney that Red Line rated so highly, not Holzapfel.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Like I said in another similar thread, if reporters want to keep "rating" teams drafts they should have to provide links to their past "draft rankings" so people can criticize them too.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Hawks also did very well in grabbing 7 of the top 79 on THE Hockey News' Top 100 rankings...taken in combination with their grabbing off 7 of Redline's Top 98
the grading relative to some "consenus" opinion of the scouting commmunity should
warrant a high mark for the Hawks staff--but of course this neither "guarantees" good results down the line ,nor can the mark indicate the real "quality" of the picks since the overal draft crop itself may have been weaker than other draft years...

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Ugh, Komisarek's had some great games, as well as some poor ones.

He's been willing to drop the gloves and hasn't taken himself out of the play to make a big hit.

I would say he's on pace to be a better, stronger Rivet. That in itself doesn't make him a monster.

Jon Prescription's partially right in that he's been mediocre, which isn't an insult.

For god's sake stop being such homers. If someone says something about Kostitsyn or Komisarek you shouldn't take it as a personal insult.
EDIT: I'm not going to post any more on Komisarek because this is getting WAY off-topic.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Red Line had Riley Holzapfel in their top 12? Most reports I read on him were less than impressive. Anybody out there know what they said about him? I'm curious cause from what I read he's the type of player he usually hates.
I think they were referring to Forney as the other top 12 guy.

turnbuckle*

While I never miss a Habs game, i come to HF Boards to find out where Hab prospect are at as far as development goes, and Jon (give me my) Prescription never fails to disappoint.

I know know that Perezhogin can be fully judged on what he'll do in his career, and that's he's not that good, Komo is a big disappointment and Pleks and Higgins are...well...okay. Nice to be filled in on occasion by fans of other teams; they usually know best and can predict how Hab prospects will fare in the future even after they've only played one full season in the NHL.

Even though I only saw Ranger rookies play a couple of times last year, I am now goung to give my opinion on the their futures.....

......Actually it would be idiotic to do so...............never stops the prescriptive one tho, he figures we're all dying to read his uninformed opinion on players he obviously hasn't seen very much.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Like I said in another similar thread, if reporters want to keep "rating" teams drafts they should have to provide links to their past "draft rankings" so people can criticize them too.

Absolutely right. The finger pointers should not be exempt from eating crow.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I don't know...this really was "light" draft in terms of talent and depth.

If Fischer, Maxwell and White, pan out then yeah I would say Montreal had the best draft period!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->