redline ranks chicago #1 at the draft 2006

leafaholix*

For an other year, Montreal is highly ranked... :bow:

it means nothing.
montreal does extremely well right after the draft based on the height of the rep of these players in july, but have shown to do relatively worse once these players start playing and developing.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
before I even look, I'm sure he's going to have the Rangers ranked poorly because he hated Sanguinetti

Ok I'll look now...ahhh, he only does the top 10, nevermind then.

However he's a dumbass because in his top value picks, he lists Washington as the team who drafted Anisimov :shakehead

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
it means nothing.
montreal does extremely well right after the draft based on the height of the rep of these players in july, but have shown to do relatively worse once these players start playing and developing.

Hmmm......well considering it takes 5 or so years to real grade a draft, and no one ever though Montreal had a good draft under Rejean Houle's tenure (which was still around during the 2000 draft), I don't see how you can make that statement.

Since 2001, Montreal has had some good drafts and it is starting to show at the NHL level with players such as Mike Komisarek, Chris Higgins, Alexander Perezhogin, Tomas Plekanec and so on, but a true draft grade for any of those drafts can really be given yet.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
No love for Washington??:dunno:

Though I'm a Habs fan they impressed me a lot with there picks (though easier with the picks they had)

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Redline is simply giving their opinion based on their own list.

It simply mean those high ranked teams have a list closer to Redline one's than the other teams.

2 things can comes out of this, depending how Redline's list is considered here (i dont know about Redline).

a) Redline list is bad
b) Redline list is good

If your team isnt list in that top 10 but have done well in the past few years at the draft: Why would you care? Honestly.

If your team have a bad track record in the last few years + outside opinion consider your team draft bad after a week. It might be an hint, your team could do better rather easily...

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Red Line had Riley Holzapfel in their top 12? Most reports I read on him were less than impressive. Anybody out there know what they said about him? I'm curious cause from what I read he's the type of player he usually hates.

stmikes76

Nov 25, 2004
First off he spelled Shultz's name wrong in the Buffalo review and I seriously doubt he saw Mike Weber play because if he did he would not have said slow footed or dim witted, this guy is a joke. I only read the last 2 reviews and was hesitant to go any further after he failed to get his picks straight with Calla, East Coast Buddy, Florida not West Coast, if I could make the finger gestures I would, and I am out!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Brady Calla = Selected by Florida Panthers round 3 #73 overall 2006 NHL Entry Draft
whoops NOT the Kings ... damn Canadian MEDIA can't they get anything about Hockey right :D

isn't redline report based out of the US:P

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Here you go, It's Habs bashing time.....:shakehead

Habs make the 10, it should be enough to say that Red Line is crap.....Just wonder to see how the ones that are saying that now, did think as Red Line being a good scout service before that....

Poor Red Line, if they knew, they would've put the Habs in 11th place....

By the way, Komi, mediocre???? Well if you base yourself on points only, does that make Komi better than Kaspar since he has same number of points but has 2 goals???Wouldn't you take Komi instead of Rachunek, Malik, or last year's Poti or Ozolinsh? Wouldn't he be at least a #4??? If so, how does that make him mediocre??? What about at least average but with lots of room to become better???

And then, you guys will all learn to know, in the near future, names like Lapierre, O'Byrne, Emelin, Chipchura, Grabovsky, Latendresse, Price, Aubin, Mikus, D'Agostini, the Kostitsyns and will learn not to judge picks before they can actually prove their worth......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->