Redline - February Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
mazmin said:
Like usual, something smells. I take these RLR's with a grain of salt. Always a flavor of the week with this guy.

Unproven talent is always flavor of the week no?

You guys are too harsh on Redline. I like that they stick they're necks out, right or wrong. Plus whats wrong with enthusiasm about a prospect, we all do it with our personal faves right?

Read their stuff, don't read it, i'm just glad SOMEONE somehwere is covering these events that i wouldn't be able to get info from otherwise.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Bluenote13 said:
Unproven talent is always flavor of the week no?

You guys are too harsh on Redline. I like that they stick they're necks out, right or wrong. Plus whats wrong with enthusiasm about a prospect, we all do it with our personal faves right?

Read their stuff, don't read it, i'm just glad SOMEONE somehwere is covering these events that i wouldn't be able to get info from otherwise.

Amen to that.

Are we not men?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hab Fan said:
I have seen him play at least 20 games this year. I think he is a good player, but hands and vision no way. He does look like a freight train, but totally out of control. Questionable hockey sense. I hate seeming cruel to kids, but I can't believe the ranking. I agree with first round, maybe 15-20.

It's nice to hear differences in opinion on prospects from people who have actually seen them play. Thank you very much!

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
rt said:
Yes, please. Thanks.
Very interesting to compare the two. Stoa has way better hands and vision, much more skilled than Skille. Skille is more up and down the wing only, making himself look way more effective than actual. Many of his goals are from great setups, almost layups. He is strong, but doesn't really hit. He can overpower a weak d man as he did against the Swedes. Stoa, on the other hand is highly skilled and big, but doesn't play big. He never gets hit and is good down low but doesn't hit anyone, therefore it is hard to tell how tough he is. I can assure you he can take it, it's just not in his nature to look for the hit. His production would be higher if he were on the US team first unit with Johnson, Kessel, Skille Mueller etc. Long term, skill it's Stoa, Skille will be a 3-4th line checker. Actually, the best of the forwards is Mueller, his draft is next year. I am telling you now he will be a longer pro than Kessel! You heard it here. This forward has it all, skill, size and can be tough. I predict he will NOT go to Minnesota, rather the WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad