GDT: Redemption Game?|Jackets-Jets|7:00 p.m.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Then Pitt back to back.. but yeah don’t worry

Mgt needs to play Korpi vs NJ and Kinkaid vs Pitt.... They can't start Kinks vs NJ in their house, he will get (figuratively) killed imo, perhaps I'm wrong on that though...

If confidence is an issue I have zero in Bob right now... The NJ game must start Korpi or Kinks...

I think Bob needs a rest, he's not helping us make the playoffs as far as I'm concerned..

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Mgt needs to play Korpi vs NJ and Kinkaid vs Pitt.... They can't start Kinks vs NJ in their house, he will get (figuratively) killed imo, perhaps I'm wrong on that though...

If confidence is an issue I have zero in Bob right now... The NJ game must start Korpi or Kinks...
Guess who is going to start both of those games?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not so sure they found it. This should have been a win but they are finding every way possible to lose. Finding ways to lose if you will.

There's two teams playing and you should watch both of them. Hellebuyck had to make a lot of good saves, he was getting peppered with shots to the top corners in the third. Then Wheeler with two psychic tip-ins where it's really hard to blame anybody on the Jackets. I watch the replays on those two goals and don't see anything you can do about it. The 4th goal was an odd-man, which at any other time would be a serious fault for the D (I've been complaining about the odd-mans for how long now?), but 2 minutes left you have to pinch every time.

Again I'm not happy about the two points, but if you're trying to tell me they didn't play well in the second half of the game, I'm going to disagree with you.

Reactions: Columbus Mike

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Jackets were really bad all game, not sure what you watched tonight.

No, they weren’t. Significantly outshot them. The shift(s) in the second period leading up to Seth’s goal may have been our most dominating couple of minutes of play of the season. Allowed a couple of tipped goals, a floater from the blue line that Bob just never saw, and an odd-man rush that was when we were pressing...

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That swagger saw them give up 3 goals in the last half (or so) of the 3rd period.

1st of the 3 was a sublime tip-in from a guy darting across the mid slot. No way to defend that.

2nd was with 2 minutes left where you have to pinch every time. If the D backed off to play it safe at that time of the game I'd be screaming at them.

3rd was an empty netter, which who gives a f***.

Reactions: CPTN71

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It is becoming crystal clear that Bob (and Bread to a lesser extent) fully expected to be moved at the deadline. He thought he was finishing his career here with back to back shutouts - you could see it in his eyes after the SJ game. He was saying goodbye to the fans. Then......fast forward to now. He had checked out mentally (even more so) and is now struggling to get it back. He may not.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
There's two teams playing and you should watch both of them. Hellebuyck had to make a lot of good saves, he was getting peppered with shots to the top corners in the third. Then Wheeler with two psychic tip-ins where it's really hard to blame anybody on the Jackets. I watch the replays on those two goals and don't see anything you can do about it. The 4th goal was an odd-man, which at any other time would be a serious fault for the D (I've been complaining about the odd-mans for how long now?), but 2 minutes left you have to pinch every time.

Again I'm not happy about the two points, but if you're trying to tell me they didn't play well in the second half of the game, I'm going to disagree with you.
That is fine. Sure they "played well". I'm not arguing about playing well. I'm saying flat out, good teams find ways to win. The questions that should be asked are, why are teams consistently finding ways to tip pucks that result in goals? Why are we consistently giving up odd man rushes? Why can't we hit the net from the slot? Why are we not putting this pressure on the other team from the start? At the end of the day, the better team usually wins. If we don't look at how we arrive in to these positions, (being down a goal to start the game early on, 4 games in a row), there will be an excuse for everything.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
1st of the 3 was a sublime tip-in from a guy darting across the mid slot. No way to defend that.

2nd was with 2 minutes left where you have to pinch every time. If the D backed off to play it safe at that time of the game I'd be screaming at them.

3rd was an empty netter, which who gives a ****.
I just had words with Jarmo/JD and Torts... They agree with you.. The 10,000 fans I spoke with say nyet… :)

It was a crap game overall Major, we were lucky to be tied after the second... Bob has to stop tipped or difficult shots sometime, other top NHL goalies do it... The excuses are getting pretty deep..

Reactions: The Bread Man

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
It is becoming crystal clear that Bob (and Bread to a lesser extent) fully expected to be moved at the deadline. He thought he was finishing his career here with back to back shutouts - you could see it in his eyes after the SJ game. He was saying goodbye to the fans. Then......fast forward to now. He had checked out mentally (even more so) and is now struggling to get it back. He may not.
I thought the same thing when Bob came out for first star after San Jose. Looked like he was saying goodbye. Talk about a gut check.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

This is augury, except with bouncing pucks. If Bob was playing awfully I'd be looking for explanations, but I don't see it. He's not looking good either, but the goals against are largely not his fault. And I'm not sure that he wanted to be traded. I really don't think Artemi wanted to be traded, if he did he wouldn't have gone out of his way to claim otherwise.

Reactions: akmuo33

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The players and Torts all seem to be okay with yet another loss.

Wonder if any media folks will have the guts to ask about the poor home record.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Deep but agree....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Torts in post game seems very depressed, as he should... He probably signed a non pissed clause when hired by JD so he just says crickets or we must play better... Something is rotten in Demark.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That is fine. Sure they "played well". I'm not arguing about playing well. I'm saying flat out, good teams find ways to win. The questions that should be asked are, why are teams consistently finding ways to tip pucks that result in goals? Why are we consistently giving up odd man rushes? Why can't we hit the net from the slot? Why are we not putting this pressure on the other team from the start? At the end of the day, the better team usually wins. If we don't look at how we arrive in to these positions, (being down a goal to start the game early on, 4 games in a row), there will be an excuse for everything.

You don't think I look at how we arrive at these positions? I'm the guy counting the odd-man rushes on my hands all game. I didn't see any from the second period through until 2 and a quarter minutes left in the third.

This game started out like a lot of the other recent losses, with odd mans a plenty and the first goal against. But the last half wasn't like our other losses. We have consistently given up tons of odd-mans, I don't know but I don't think we've given up a disproportionate number of tip ins. It's really damn hard to do what Wheeler did.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Welp Torts just covered in his press conference, and it makes perfect sense why Duchene , and Dzingel are struggling to contribute offensively . Torts said they have to learn how to play our system , away from the puck .... Torts , where all good offensive players go to die . What a disgrace

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Wennberg sure contributed a lot in his return to the lineup.

0 shots on goal.
44% faceoff.
0 takeaways.
14:08 TOI.

sounds about right.

Beautifully set screen on the Jones goal, at least one nasty blocked shot.... maybe watch him play next time.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Beautifully set screen on the Jones goal, at least one nasty blocked shot.... maybe watch him play next time.

:) I did watch him play, thanks. for a guy who was taken in the first round and supposed to be our 1C for years to come, I hold him to a high standard and he hasn't lived up to those standards in nearly 2+ years.

my opinions/observations are mine and your's and your's. cheers.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I can’t remember who said it but it’s starting to become true... :facepalm:

“We’ll need another 10-15 game win/point streak to get in”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->