Redden

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I can't see the Kings signing him to more than a one year deal, so it will be a low risk situation that could prove beneficial.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Bobby Mac says LA is one of team kicking tires on Redden, I don't think a one year deal at minimum or around there would be a bad idea.

bobafettish*

maybe playing on SC winning team will light a fire under him, anyone know how he's beeen playing.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's really sad to see what became of Redden. Once a highly touted young defenseman to one of Ottawa's pillars on defense (alongside Zdeno Chara). Going to New York really broke his will. That lofty contract just killed his pro career.

Here's a piece that HNIC did on Redden back in 2010.

Redden's last NHL game was on April 11, 2010. It's been almost three years since he last played an NHL game.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
He has struggled mightily in the AHL and has been a scratch at times. Not what you would expect from a player once considered as highly as WR.

Kingler

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't see why Redden would want to play for us. Once Mitchell comes back he will be sitting. IMO, Redden will pick the best time that will give him a shot a playing every single night even if its for the minimum

He needs to reestablish himself. not going to do it sitting out

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Just say No

4398817656_7a00bb8ca6_o.jpg

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
If it's for a low cap hit, and for depth purposes, I don't see a huge problem. Redden's biggest issue was getting paid too much money and taking up too much space.

Especially since the Kings lost Hickey, who likely would have been called up if there's an injury to Doughty, Martinez, or Voynov, there's not really an NHL ready offensive defenseman in case there's an injury.

Again, I'm not exactly advocating Redden in particular, but I think it's silly to rule out a cheap signing for depth purposes because of a reputation (not even because of an attitude). After all, I remember a couple Kings players who had a reputation of being cancerous party boys who did just fine last year.

According to Bob, it was likely to be for less than $1 million on a one year deal.

As for not have an NHL ready recall, I say Andrew Campbell is ready. I'll leave it up to our Manchester folk to say more and respect their input greatly, that's just my belief.

Tom Preissing and Wade Redden are about equals at this point. If you liked Tom you will be satisfied with Redden.

Ugh. If he's that bad, pass. We can buy a pylon at a hardware store for less.

Just say No

4398817656_7a00bb8ca6_o.jpg

LOL! :laugh:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Do not want to have Redden and his bad habits around Voynov. You have to question his commitment and work ethic after receiving a huge buyout and having questionable performances at the AHL level, where he probably didn't try his hardest. He just showed up to collect a paycheck. That guys head is not in the right place and I'd be concerned with him on the blueline.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
love it. another immobile defender back there should we meet up with them in the playoffs again. having a d-corp with the likes of cole, coca-cola-veccio (sp?), jackman, polak and now redden. wow that is an old and slow moving D corp. they may be large in stature, but that doesn't mean **** if you can't skate

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Colaiacovo signed with the Red Wings. He's going to replace Nick Lidstrom. Bwahahahaha.

that's right, forgot about that. huge upgrade for DET :D

the Wings are circling the toilet as we speak when it comes to long-term success at this point. their core stars are all 30+, with some but not many prospects. not like the past 10+ years have been.

Holland has done a masterful job, but it looks like they are running short on time. Rafalski's early retirement really threw a monkey wrench in their plans. Stuart's departure to SJ also hurt them. their blue line is hurting

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you St Lose!

Even if he plays as their #6/7 they will regret this eventually. Look for him to start off looking alright playing protected minutes and then fall apart as the season goes on. He has lost a step and just has a hard time finding good positioning in his own end.

At least he did during his time with the Rags and even more so in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->