Redden

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
I know I am about to get blasted but what about signing redden after he gets bought out. How far did his game fall off? I mean I remember when people would have taken him over chara back in the ott days. Maybe he can regain some of his former play in a new situation?

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I'd be willing to give him a 1 year deal to redeem himself. He really wasn't that bad, he just wasn't playing as good as he should've for how much money he was making. He was a victim of Glen Sathers horrible GMing.

bobafettish*

hell get gomez as well, remember lgk use to have a hard on for him.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Since he's still gonna get paid his contract from the NYR, it might be worth looking at him for a cheap price for one year ~1 million. Why not?

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Penner sucked badly for us and turned it around, maybe sutter can turn redden around. To be honest though I didn't see how bad he was in NYC. I was just seeing all the news about him getting bought out and I just couldn't undérstand how he dropped off so much

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Redden struggled with the rags until they demoted him. I have seen him play (awhile ago) down on the farm and he looked truly awful. Slow, no shot and a true pilon. I would pass on him entirely. He had skill at one point but he is one of the worst former NHLer's I have seen play.

Too many other options out there. I get the idea but he really looked terrible and I mean RJ terrible.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
I'd be willing to give him a 1 year deal to redeem himself. He really wasn't that bad, he just wasn't playing as good as he should've for how much money he was making. He was a victim of Glen Sathers horrible GMing.

I'd say he was that bad. His defense became nonexistent and he couldn't put the puck in the net. Bad combo.

cneil99

Jul 7, 2007
Sutter was a big fan of Redden at one time. He tried to sign him with Calgary but was outbid by the Rangers. I'm not seeing it but you never know

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Redden struggled with the rags until they demoted him. I have seen him play (awhile ago) down on the farm and he looked truly awful. Slow, no shot and a true pilon. I would pass on him entirely. He had skill at one point but he is one of the worst former NHLer's I have seen play.

Too many other options out there. I get the idea but he really looked terrible and I mean RJ terrible.

I was going to suggest we give him a shot, but if TG says he sucks that bad, I pass. TG's pretty bang on with this stuff.

To bad, the guy was a borderline Norris candidate back in his prime. I can understand how the offensive game can go away, but how a very steady defensive game melts away like that I really don't understand. Did he just stop trying?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Penner sucked badly for us and turned it around, maybe sutter can turn redden around. To be honest though I didn't see how bad he was in NYC. I was just seeing all the news about him getting bought out and I just couldn't undérstand how he dropped off so much

Penner turned it around for 16 ****ing games. Otherwise he's still been useless. And I'd rather have Penner at his current overpaid price than Redden if he paid all the fans. He's BAD.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
With at least 50 million earned while playing hockey I doubt he suddenly gets the eye of the tiger back. Minus 8 last year in the AHL but he was always a plus player for the majority of his NHL career, he should dominate the AHL. It will be real interesting to see if any teams give Gomez or Redden a shot since they don't have to pay them much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->