Red Wings youth movement

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
That's not all that impressive considering these guys aren't exactly highly touted rookies.
Speaks loudly about the current level of talent in their team.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
No we have not that is for sure. but that is to be expected we where a good team for so long and never had any high draft picks. We are getting excited again as a fan base though.
You guys will get there. Patience is a virtue. Hopefully that patience in Holland and Blashill gets rewarded with a fundamentally good team soon.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I like the Red Wings.

Rasmussen, Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, Veleno, Hronek, Cholowski...they got some nice youth.

But they need a true blue chipper, a solid and legit one like Hughes or Kakko.

Reactions: Ulysses31

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
That's not all that impressive considering these guys aren't exactly highly touted rookies.
Speaks loudly about the current level of talent in their team.

They're a lot better than you give them credit for. But yeah, not much supreme talent at the moment.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
They're a lot better than you give them credit for. But yeah, not much supreme talent at the moment.
Are they? But you still kinda agree with me?
I realize they have a few nice players but they're in a pretty dark place and will be there for some time.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Is it really a youth movement when you basically force them there because your team is gutted?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
We haven't had a defenseman who could handle the puck in a long time. Cholowski is special. Last night he even started on his off wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on the top pairing even when all the veterans return.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Is it really a youth movement when you basically force them there because your team is gutted?
Yeah that's how most youth movements happen.
All the youngsters on the team currently are capable of playing in the NHL, so they're not rushing anyone. They sent Zadina down for development. Veleno killed it in training camp but was sent to juniors. Without injuries they wouldn't have 4 kids in the D lineup, but it's not a case of bringing up kids that don't deserve it.

Reactions: Sentinel

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Are they? But you still kinda agree with me?
I realize they have a few nice players but they're in a pretty dark place and will be there for some time.

Detroit has good young pieces for where theyre at. How many teams in year 2 of their rebuild have talent like Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, Cholowski and Hronek on their NHL roster already with a guy like Zadina in the system and the oldest is 24? Thats without them having bottomed out and landing a top 5 pick yet. Theyre definitely in a dark place though right now, but I think most wings fans agree theres a light at the end of the tunnel that fans can finally see. They should be picking at worst 4 or 5 this year and have some decent assets to move for picks this year as well at the draft, with what should be at least 3 top 35ish picks or more this year

As far as rebuilds go the Red Wings are doing better than most teams I can remember having just started out and having so few picks in the years prior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad