Helene St. James Red Wings Won't Give Qualifying Offer to Martin Frk

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If we don't bring back Vanek this likely means there's a spot for Svechnikov or Turgeon to compete for.

Reactions: Larkin1578

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Frk out, Vanek in calling it now..
I'd be okay with bringing in Vanek now that we have another spot open. He had some chemistry with AA and I loved him while he was here. And for those who don't want a single good player under the age of 25 on the team, Vanek doesn't make us improve by much at all. As long as we ice the same defense we're bottom 10 at least.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'd be okay with bringing in Vanek now that we have another spot open. He had some chemistry with AA and I loved him while he was here. And for those who don't want a single good player under the age of 25 on the team, Vanek doesn't make us improve by much at all. As long as we ice the same defense we're bottom 10 at least.
If Vanek doesn't make us better, then whats the point of bringing him along? We have plenty of veteran presence so its not that.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I like Frky a lot, but this isn't surprising or concerning. Hope he can carve a spot somewhere.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If Vanek doesn't make us better, then whats the point of bringing him along? We have plenty of veteran presence so its not that.
I wouldn't go out of my way to get him, I'm just okay with Holland giving him a fair 1 year deal if that's his jam. I'd prefer Svechnikov to come up but I understand he had a bad season and could use another year.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Does Vanek get us into the playoffs? I'll answer for you, no he doesn't. The only thing he does is worsen our draft position buy a spot or two and keep a kid from playing.
Does that make your point right now or something?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You responded to my question about Vanek not making the team better. So I ask you, what is the point of bringing Vanek in? Keep in mind my arguments of us not making the playoffs with him ect...
You said he doesn't make the team better, you didn't say he doesn't make us a playoff team.

He does, in fact, make the team better. Abby doesn't have 2:21 a game on the PP and injecting another 55+ point player on the team.

Your point was never about playoffs until I responded to you. I don't think Vanek has 0 value at the deadline.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You responded to my question about Vanek not making the team better. So I ask you, what is the point of bringing Vanek in? Keep in mind my arguments of us not making the playoffs with him ect...
I missed the IF my bad, I was just about to edit, but figured this was easier.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
You said he doesn't make the team better, you didn't say he doesn't make us a playoff team.

He does, in fact, make the team better. Abby doesn't have 2:21 a game on the PP and injecting another 55+ point player on the team.

Your point was never about playoffs until I responded to you. I don't think Vanek has 0 value at the deadline.
ffs, of course I would be talking about playoffs because whats the point in getting a couple more points than we did this year? its common sense.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So really no worse than what the current draft lottery format did for the team the past 2 seasons?
right but now we aren't playing a kid because hes on the team. listen I'm all for bringing in guys that can help the team, but not when it keeps younger players off it. i dont see the point. If he doesn't get us into the playoffs, I see no point in signing him since we all know we can't get anything at the TDL for him.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Kind of had a suspicion that his role was dead after last year.

We can start playing around with the roster based on what we saw at the end of the year, what has happened to this point, and what we have strong indications of:

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Helm-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen
Abdelkader-Glendening-XXX

This is based on the lines we saw to finish last year with a minor tweak with the rumor that Ras is the leader to make the roster and will start on the 3rd line wing playing next to Nielsen. Vanek, Svechnikov, Turgeon all appear to have a potential role that could be carved out...Turgeon on the 4th line, Vanek/Svechnikov on the 3rd with AA moving up to the 2nd, or Vanek/Svech on the 2nd...with Helm moving to the 4th in either scenario. This doesn't include anything about potential AA or Nyquist trades because there aren't any concrete rumors at this point.

Dekeyser-Jensen
Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-XXX

Defense is a little more up in the air. No pairings are clearly the #1 option, although I've seen rumors that DDK is going to be relied on heavily this next year...I have him with the only RHD we still have, Jensen, who Blashill seems to trust. Ouellet I have off the list because I fully expect him to be waived or traded. The people who look like potential fits, Green, Hronek, Sulak, Hicketts, with an outside chance of Cholowski and a hopeful draft pick.

I won't include Witkowski in this because even if he is a roster player right now, I think whoever makes the team out of camp will immediately jump him in line for playing time at either position. He will really just be around as a replacement for injury or if Blashill feels the need to be an asshole to any random someone on any given night.

That's how I see it right now, a minimum of one forward and one defenseman spots available to anyone.

Reactions: SirloinUB

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
right but now we aren't playing a kid because hes on the team. listen I'm all for bringing in guys that can help the team, but not when it keeps younger players off it. i dont see the point. If he doesn't get us into the playoffs, I see no point in signing him since we all know we can't get anything at the TDL for him.

I mean, they have three spots open and are pretty thin on young NHL ready forwards outside of maybe Rasmussen and Svechnikov. Grabbing a one year place holder that can be flipped for a draft pick if they don't make the playoffs isn't blocking anyone, especially when you consider most of the forwards under contract or RFA's are going to be regulars, which means at least one of the young guys is going to be sitting regularly in the Cleary Cabana with Witkowski.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Playing a kid cuz he's a kid isn't necessarily good.

And you don't know shit, you're speculating.

Reactions: ShelbyZ
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Pulkkinen and Frk are finding out that a cannon alone isn't enough to last in the league. I'm fine with this, I was frustrated far too often with Frk playing the point on the PP. He lacks creativity and vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad