Helene St. James Red Wings will re-call 1-2 Forwards from GR. Who do you think it will be and why?

Forwards

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Grifs play 3 in 3 days this weekend. Maybe Ehn, Turgeon, or Holmstrom will center Zads. Carlisle (D) on a PTO in GRG was let go I believe so maybe that's part of the decision to send Hicketts down

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
He’ll be here 2 games tops...who cares

You’re right; 2 games don’t really matter a lot in the grande scheme. It's just frustrating that there isn’t a better option at this point.

Obviously the injury to Svech is a bad break. Patience seems to be the right play with Zadina. Holmstrom, Smith, and Pope are looking like they need some more time as well. Other scorers like Puempel are just hired guns for the AHL so probably not a lot of point.

So while I get why they didn’t go in a different route, calling up Megan leaves a guy feeling we don’t have a lot of help outside of the NHL right now. That in turn leaves you feeling disappointed and frustrated.

Oct 18, 2006
Probably the least exciting move they could’ve made. But to be expected. Calling up Zadina was never going to happen given his form, you can’t send that message.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
You never know...
ken-holland-490x560.jpg

GOT EMMMM

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
You’re right; 2 games don’t really matter a lot in the grande scheme. It's just frustrating that there isn’t a better option at this point.

Obviously the injury to Svech is a bad break. Patience seems to be the right play with Zadina. Holmstrom, Smith, and Pope are looking like they need some more time as well. Other scorers like Puempel are just hired guns for the AHL so probably not a lot of point.

So while I get why they didn’t go in a different route, calling up Megan leaves a guy feeling we don’t have a lot of help outside of the NHL right now. That in turn leaves you feeling disappointed and frustrated.

Literally, who the hell is Wade Megan? I've literally not ever heard that name in my life before today. When I saw Megan in the list of choices, I kinda thought it might be a joke. I don't pay much attention to the GRGs.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Literally, who the hell is Wade Megan? I've literally not ever heard that name in my life before today. When I saw Megan in the list of choices, I kinda thought it might be a joke. I don't pay much attention to the GRGs.
He is an AHL lifer who is 28 and put up 33 in 63 in the AHL last season. The prior season he put up 66 in 73 in that league.

He was signed in the off-season, played with us in the preseason.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He is an AHL lifer who is 28 and put up 33 in 63 in the AHL last season. The prior season he put up 66 in 73 in that league.

Thank you. Good on him for getting to the show for even a game or two.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
They're not going to flip on Zadina 12 games into the year. He'll be up post TDL, at the earliest.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

And you guys are killing me for wanting Zadina up but then Holland calling up Wade Megan??? A guy no one cares about or even heard of. Ties go to vets

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

At 28 he is what he is. Literally no reason to bring this guy up. He has no future with Detroit

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I went Ehn and Smith, why no Pope?

Pope has been scratched in Grand Rapids a few times I doubt it is him.

I think it will be Ehn and Turgeon... Sorry didn't realize Megan was already called. Agree with that anyway, I don't anticipate this callup being here long. I know people want to see Zadina, but he hasn't been very impressive thus far down there and doesn't appear ready for this kind of jump yet. They can do it I guess, but I am hoping for a little more from him especially five on five down there before we call him up this year. To be clear I do think Zadina should be called up at some point in 2019.

Last edited:

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Megan is getting rewarded with a couple games worth of a paycheck, first class travel, hotel and meals etc. AHL "lifer" veterans are good teammates to have to show the prospect rookies the ropes and take care of them both on and off the ice. This is a nothing call-up, just a couple games, so rewarding the AHL lifer signee is fine, and might even be smart in trying to lure similar types to our farm in the future.

I've talked to parents of high picks who did time in the AHL and they GUSH over veteran leaders down there and how they really take the youngster under their wing - and really help their development and help them get to the show.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Megan is getting rewarded with a couple games worth of a paycheck, first class travel, hotel and meals etc. AHL "lifer" veterans are good teammates to have to show the prospect rookies the ropes and take care of them both on and off the ice. This is a nothing call-up, just a couple games, so rewarding the AHL lifer signee is fine, and might even be smart in trying to lure similar types to our farm in the future.

I've talked to parents of high picks who did time in the AHL and they GUSH over veteran leaders down there and how they really take the youngster under their wing - and really help their development and help them get to the show.
So why is he getting to the show instead of grooming Zadina down there or other prospects that actually matter to the DRW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->