GDT: Red Wings vs Maple Leafs Alumni Game

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Finally got around to watching this event when they replayed it on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada earlier today. Watching the alumni roll out Lidstrom/Murphy followed by Chelios/Coffey (compared to our current top 4 of Kronwall/Ericsson and Smith/Dekeyser) makes me so yearn for the days of old. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that was my favourite Wings game of the year, even though it wasn't even a real game.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Legace is a sieve :)

Wouldn't you just have loved seeing Draper/Roberts, then DMac square up with Domi, Ciccarelli with Darcy Tucker, Cheli with Tiger Williams, Cujo with Ozzie... :)

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Finally got around to watching this event when they replayed it on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada earlier today. Watching the alumni roll out Lidstrom/Murphy followed by Chelios/Coffey (compared to our current top 4 of Kronwall/Ericsson and Smith/Dekeyser) makes me so yearn for the days of old. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that was my favourite Wings game of the year, even though it wasn't even a real game.

Lidstrom and Murphy would still smoke our current defense squad.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
That was a really fun game to watch. There was so much grit between the two teams, it really emphasized how the game has changed.

It was fantastic to see Mickey Redmond out there too, skating better than many, what a stud!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad