Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings vs Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Is it common for the GM to announce the starter? I've never noticed it before.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Is it common for the GM to announce the starter? I've never noticed it before.

It's probably due to him being the only awake :laugh: They arrived at their hotel near 3 AM last night, the rest of the players/personnel must be getting their shut eye.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...oit-red-wings-boston-bruins-preview/82742064/

So Howie gets his second back-to-back games in less than a week. Ride the hot hand!

I like this bit.

"Even when it wasn't going to so well, the confidence never wavered in this room," Howard said. He named Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Niklas Kronwall and Brad Richards as being especially key to keeping "a calmness over this room."

A player on the team directly contradicting those of you who have been calling out the leadership group on this team.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Still nervous.

Just get this done tonight. Don't wanna have to wait till Saturday....

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Biggest game of the season, gotta come out flying while their legs are still somewhat fresh and try and break Boston's spirit. Hopefully the same team from last night shows up.

I think this'll be a one goal game that's too close to call, probably gonna need a xanax or something to watch this game because I'm gonna be nervous as **** :laugh:

Let's see some more of this please

pavel.gif

LGRW! :yo:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jimmy was amazing last night. Hopefully that confidence carries over to tonight's game.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
No stupid penalties! No retaliations!

Win those faceoffs! Solid forechecking! Solid puckhandling!

Don't be afraid to get physical!

Keep that D up! Constantly look around you, watch out for the Lone Winger!

Chase down that puck, don't wait for them to do something first!

Got my rosary warmed up... :laugh:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Biggest game of the season, gotta come out flying while their legs are still somewhat fresh and try and break Boston's spirit. Hopefully the same team from last night shows up.

I think this'll be a one goal game that's too close to call, probably gonna need a xanax or something to watch this game because I'm gonna be nervous as **** :laugh:

pavel.gif

Still one of my favorite Datsyuk goals of all time.

But please don't come out like you did in that game, they were getting smoked all game until then :laugh:

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

pavel.gif

That gif has so much potential, I see Datsyuk's shot creating a shockwave that knocks down the 3 guys in front of him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wish we had a day's rest before this one. Gonna be tough to get the W against a Bruins team that is up against the wall.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I would think Jurco would be back in, but maybe not :dunno: Don't want to mess with a winning combination.

That Bruins' offence is going to be a tad bit more hard to contain that Philly was yesterday. That whole top nine is dangerous.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
I would think Jurco would be back in, but maybe not :dunno: Don't want to mess with a winning combination.

That Bruins' offence is going to be a tad bit more hard to contain that Philly was yesterday. That whole top nine is dangerous.

I would think having Jurco in would be the smart move. Like it was with Philly, we need that physical presence, instead of finesse. Mantha has struck me as being "a shooter, not a fighter" kind of guy.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Eh. Their third line center is Talbot who is barely an NHLer anymore.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I would think having Jurco in would be the smart move. Like it was with Philly, we need that physical presence, instead of finesse. Mantha has struck me as being "a shooter, not a fighter" kind of guy.

Does it really matter? Jurco played the least amount on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->