LD Dan Renouf, 23

Goalies:
G Keith Petruzzelli, 18
G Joren van Pottelberghe, 20
G Matej Machovsky, 23
G Jake Paterson, 23
G Filip Larsson, 18
G Chase Perry, 21

Current age after the name. Tried to put them in some kind of order with NHL potential. It's very debatable order, just did throw all of U24 we have there pretty fast.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Very generous considering there isn't even a guarantee that all 3 of the top 9 centers will actually be NHL centers.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It really doesn't show anything. With many guys, the jury is still out there. Every organization has also bad prospects, so do we.

While that is a valid argument, I do wish that I had more confidence in our farm system. Our best players this season were a 37 year old Hank, and Thomas Vanek.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So I like the first round picks for the most part with Wright and some of the defenseman (Hronek, Saarijarvi), but what in the hell are we doing with the forward picks outside of the first round?

Turgeon, Ehn, Vahatalo, Holmstrom, Pearson, Marsh, G Smith, Elmstrom is quite an underwhelming group.... and my lord this guy is a size queen.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Forwards:
LW Andreas Athanasiou, 22 - C/LW Dylan Larkin, 20 ---- RW Anthony Mantha, 22
W Tyler Bertuzzi, 22 --- C Michael Rasmussen, 18 ---- W Evgeny Svechnikov, 20
W Givani Smith, 19 --- C Axel Holmstr�m, 20 --- RW Jack Adams, 20
W Chase Pearson, 19 --- C Zach Gallant, 18 --- C/RW Lane Zablocki, 18
LW Dylan Sadowy, 21 --- C Christopher Ehn, 21 --- RW Martin Frk, 23
LW Adam Marsh, 19 --- C Dominic Turgeon, 21 --- RW Zach Nastasiuk, 22
LW Mattias Elfstrom, 20 --- C Brady Gilmour, 18 --- W David Pope, 22
F Alexander Kadeykin, 23 --- F Julius Vahatalo, 22

Defence:
LD Xavier Ouellet, 23 ----- RD Filip Hronek, 19
LD Dennis Cholowski, 19 -- RD Gustav Lindstrom, 18
LD Kasper Kotkansalo, 18 -- RD Vili Saarijirvi, 20
LD Libor Sulak, 23 -------- RD Jordan Sambrook, 19
LD Malte Setkov, 18 ------ RD Reilly Webb, 18
LD Joe Hicketts, 21 ------- RD Cole Fraser, 18
LD Alfons Malmstr�m, 19 -- RD Patrick Holway, 20
LD Dan Renouf, 23

Goalies:
G Keith Petruzzelli, 18
G Joren van Pottelberghe, 20
G Matej Machovsky, 23
G Jake Paterson, 23
G Filip Larsson, 18
G Chase Perry, 21

Current age after the name. Tried to put them in some kind of order with NHL potential. It's very debatable order, just did throw all of U24 we have there pretty fast.

That's a bottom 5 U24 talent pool if I've seen one, hell it might be the worst in the entire league. We have on potential top line player in Mantha, a potential good #2C in Larkin, a 2/3C in Rasmussen, and 2 top potential top 6 forwards in AA & Svechnikov. The rest either project to be bottom 6 talents or have some serious flaws (Holmstrom and his skating as an example) to even really project them at this point.

The defence at least has guys that project to be 2nd pairing or top 4 dmen in Hronek, Cholowski, Lindstrom, & Ouellet. Saarijarvi & Hicketts will have to prove their size isn't an issue but they also have top 4 upside as well. Kotkansalo is someone to keep an eye on as a player that could also have 2nd pairing upside. The rest are either 3rd pairing or unlikely to make it to the show.

In net we've got a few guys that project to be backups but our best hope for a starter is Petruzzelli or Larsson.

Overall, I'd say we might have one or two core pieces that are under 24, those players being Mantha & Larkin. Some time is needed or a younger dmen but I'm hopeful that after this season we'll be able to add one of them to the list of core players.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Really early to tell if these guys would work out yet...What team has a better U24 team? Toronto? Edmonton? How bad were both of those teams prior to getting the U24 talent they have now?

Our highest pick was 9. I do agree I would have went with someone other than Rasmussen but it is really early to tell if that is the right pick or not. He just didn't seem like the best pick to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->