Red Wings to introduce Yzerman as new GM

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
LOL. Chris Ilitch, "When we saw in media reports that he wanted to step down and be with his family."

Nahhh dude.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
lol TB and their fans now accusing Yzerman of being a terrible GM / drafter / he’s overrated. I gotta get my broom out to sweep my floor this morning ;)

What a week for TB.
Who? Where? What????
Almost every fan I know knew it was coming and knew it's a huge loss. I think you're talking out your arse tbh.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Yzerman became TB's GM in 2010 and almost a decade later no cup...what a great GM, only on HFBoards; just like a 4th rounder is more valuable than a legit NHL player on here, lol
Going from doormat to a team positioned to challenge for Cups over a 5+ year span is a pretty strong accomplishment for a GM. GMs can only assemble teams and coaches to be in a position to be successful. Actually winning is on the guys on the ice and in the dressing room (and to some extent luck with injuries, hot streaks, etc).

Reactions: jkutswings

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Congrats. Yzerman is back where he should be. Happy for Wings fans.

The Tampa Bay organization owes him a lot for all that he's done for us.

Sounds like he loved his time in TB. It was simply a matter of not seeing his family in MI enough, something that only the Red Wings could really satisfy.

Reactions: Alan Wake

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
lol TB and their fans now accusing Yzerman of being a terrible GM / drafter / he’s overrated. I gotta get my broom out to sweep my floor this morning ;)

What a week for TB.

???

We were all devastated that he stepped down.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Yzerman became TB's GM in 2010 and almost a decade later no cup...what a great GM, only on HFBoards; just like a 4th rounder is more valuable than a legit NHL player on here, lol

Ugh... not one of these guys again. Success is only decided by cups.

I guess Carolina is the 4th (shared) most succesful franchise since the 04-05 lockout.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
The players he assembled is totally on him; they have no backbone and aren't "tough" enough for the playoff grind...

Going from doormat to a team positioned to challenge for Cups over a 5+ year span is a pretty strong accomplishment for a GM. GMs can only assemble teams and coaches to be in a position to be successful. Actually winning is on the guys on the ice and in the dressing room (and to some extent luck with injuries, hot streaks, etc).

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Finally someone with common sense "he's so good with contracts 111!!!!" while ignoring the huge tax break they have over other teams lol

Yeah so unfair that the Stars, Panthers and Lightning win the cup every year all because of tax breaks...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->