Red Wings to introduce Yzerman as new GM

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I do think our fans should be more prepared for what is probably still a multi-year rebuild process.

A lot of people seem to think that ipso facto we are now back and that is dangerous
I doubt they think that. Most are just excited for Yzerman to be home.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I still believe that kucherov and point were complete flukes.

If the drafting team had any clue that they were going to be superstars why would they have picked Namestnikoff before Kuch and Deangelo, Masin and MacLeod before Point?

We traded a 7th round pick to move up one spot because we didn't want Minnesota taking Point. Seems like we knew he was pretty good. And from what I remember we thought Kucherov would still be there in the second round so we didn't have any need to draft him in the first.

But yes it's all luck. When our scouts drafted these players they thought they would just be career echl players. We don't actually draft players because we think they are good. They just pick randomly and hope to get lucky.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Clear on that, which is why I also noted Winnipeg as competitive. Technically they had Laine, although he was pretty brutal this year.
The Jets also hit on every first round pick over a 5-6 year span. They are not a model of success that many can follow IDT, even if it seems logical

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
He'd rather fly to the beach when he wants to see the beach than fly to his family when he wants to see them. Pretty easily distinguished.

I don't follow what that has to do with Bloomfield Hills being the same temperature as Detroit.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't follow what that has to do with Bloomfield Hills being the same temperature as Detroit.
Who f***ing cares what the temperature is? If it was the only thing that mattered to people everyone would live in those areas.

The guy who started all this literally said beaches.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
See how well he does without the nice weather and tax advantages.

Finally someone with common sense "he's so good with contracts 111!!!!" while ignoring the huge tax break they have over other teams lol

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Who ****ing cares what the temperature is? If it was the only thing that mattered to people everyone would live in those areas.

The guy who started all this literally said beaches.

You replied to my comment, but missed the context of the comment and who I was replying to.

Not sure why you commented if you didn't know what we were talking about.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You replied to my comment, but missed the context of the comment and who I was replying to.

Not sure why you commented if you didn't know what we were talking about.
Thank you, ElysiumAB, without your first hand account we would not know that Detroit is cold. Thank you for your sage wisdom.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I predict he will fail here...just like he failed to get Tampa over the hump.

Gonna be alot of work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->