Rumor: Red Wings shopping for a D-man on trade market

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I dunno what Holland plans to do about the logjam on D. Already at 8 needing roster spot, adding Fowler makes 9 and Ducks don't want/need D in return. Probably have to put Sproul on waivers, which would be another decent asset potentially lost for nothing. Do they bury Ericsson in minors and take the 950k cap savings? Ouellet probably forced to spend season in the press box.

I do something like Tatar + Jurco/Pulky + 2nd for Fowler. If it's not enough so be it, I like Fowler but just not sure he really helps Wings all that much.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I dunno what Holland plans to do about the logjam on D. Already at 8 needing roster spot, adding Fowler makes 9 and Ducks don't want/need D in return. Probably have to put Sproul on waivers, which would be another decent asset potentially lost for nothing. Do they bury Ericsson in minors and take the 950k cap savings? Ouellet probably forced to spend season in the press box.

I do something like Tatar + Jurco/Pulky + 2nd for Fowler. If it's not enough so be it, I like Fowler but just not sure he really helps Wings all that much.
Think most ducks fans would be happy with that trade, and I think Fowler would help more then you'd think he is prob over rated by duck fans but massively under rated by opposing fans

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
What is Dekeyser expected to get on his new deal? He and Mrazek should easily surpass the cap space you have left no?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
What is Dekeyser expected to get on his new deal? He and Mrazek should easily surpass the cap space you have left no?

Around 4M for each I'd suspect. Wings will get over 5M in cap relief when they LTIR Franzen and Vitale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->