• LD - Jared McIsaac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • W - Givani Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Going with cholowski. But def several choices that are valid.

But 1 and 2 were clear 1 and 2 no debate.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Hronek. I think he's a 3-4D for this team in 2 years. Add Setkov.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hronek. RHD (big need) that has already had success at the pro level in Grand Rapids. Ceiling for Hronek and Cholowski is negligible for me at this point, I'll take the one we know more about at this point.

Add Pope.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hronek based on professional play to date. I expect though that Cholo will close the gap quickly.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I bank these Mike Johnston comments on Cholowski pretty high:

"Early in the year when I saw him play I thought he was a very mobile type of defenceman, jumps up ice, makes a good first pass, and I thought early in the year if we could ever get a player like that to help us out down the stretch that would be great and it turns out we were able to make that type of a deal," said Johnston.

"But I didn't realize how good he was. He's a better player than I even though the was. He's very good defensively and I compare him to (Columbus Blue Jackets defenceman) Seth Jones, who we had several years ago. Seth never ran over you physically, but he was strong, he used his body well, he had a good stick defensively, and then when he got the puck his transition pass or skating was really good and I think Dennis is a lot like that. He's a better defensive player than I thought."

"He might be ready to step right in (to the Red Wings) next year. Some people say he might have to be a bit more physical or use his shot more. Well everybody still has to add something to the game.

"I think today's defencemen, especially when you think of Detroit or Chicago, those types of teams that transition, they want their defence to skate and move the puck. I really think Detroit is craving a guy like that now, that can play that type of style.

Cholowski's stock continues to rise

I'm a Cholowski guy at this point. :)

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I went with Hronek again, surprised Rasmussen beat him for #2 so handily. I'm interested in Veleno vs Cholowski in the next round.

My add is Saarijarvi again.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cholo

Really think has the higher upside

Yeah.

I''m not gonna bash Hronek, but we have had multiple prospects in AHL, who have average skating and look good there, because it's a slow skating league. Then they struggle in NHL speed.

Cholowski is the opposite. He'll handle the speed and his skating is so low-effort, that he can log +25min night-after-night. He is already 6'2, better reach for easier stick defence.

Hronek will probably score more via PP, but Cholowski will be more important 5-on-5.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was surprised to see Rasmussen win so handedly.
Cholowski

Add Saarijarvi

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Hronek easily for me. Cholowski hasn't impressed me nearly as much as Hronek, but what do I know, I'm just an armchair GM/Scout.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
The Hicketts adds continue to be puzzling. Do you guys see him as more than a 7D, or do you just not think highly of all the other unlisted guys?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad