18. Jesper Eliasson - 27.1%
19. Kasper Kotkansalo - 24.5%
20. Seth Barton - 28.6%
21. Givani Smith - 19.3%
22. Chase Pearson - 15.9% (57.8%)
23. Vili Saarijarvi - 15.9% (42.2%)
24. Elmer Soderblom -33.3%
25. Ryan Kuffner - 28.8%

Under 25 games = NHL rookie status is the determing factor for a prospect. Zadina has already played 28 NHL games, so he is out. Same for Hirose, Rasmussen and Cholowski, even though they are in AHL.

You can suggest add-ons for the next round. I'll add one if there's clear one favourite or two/three if there're multiple guys having same amount of suggestions.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Seider AINEC. Has top pairing upside. We should all remember that he is very young and is only just beginning to develop. Add Lindstrom.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Too many games.

He wasn't even in the summer voting anymore.

It depends on how you like to look at this. I will admit my influence on this in terms of this board.

I usually disqualify the guys that have are not eligible for the Calder. That rules out Ras and Cholo.

We could have a more general discussion if we do this mid-season for a different kind of poll than we will do again in the summer. I think it would be interesting to just do a 25 and under organization type deal like the Hockey News and TSN do from time to time maybe as a change up.

But I will admit the elimination of guys before their "prospect" status like how Hockey Futures defines it has to do with just the pure can they win rookie of the year for me.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Why not?

A mid-season ranking maybe?

Not enough has happened to really change opinions on these guys, imo. And we'll be looking at doing another of these during the summer after the draft when we add another German kid to our stable.

Maybe do a mini update, like a top15, to compare to the earlier list.

Reactions: Peter Tosh

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Unfortunately we have clearly #1 prospect and no one challenge him
Berggren got move to 4th line
Larson couldn't make it in AHL
Mcissaac bottom pair defenseman
Vernon third line center

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
mastrosimone is doing well at BU
Kivenmäki is first line winger with Assay
Tuomisto and Soderblom doing very well at juniors

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It depends on how you like to look at this. I will admit my influence on this in terms of this board.

I usually disqualify the guys that have are not eligible for the Calder. That rules out Ras and Cholo.

We could have a more general discussion if we do this mid-season for a different kind of poll than we will do again in the summer. I think it would be interesting to just do a 25 and under organization type deal like the Hockey News and TSN do from time to time maybe as a change up.

But I will admit the elimination of guys before their "prospect" status like how Hockey Futures defines it has to do with just the pure can they win rookie of the year for me.

Yeah, I liked to get that under 25 age or something voting last time, but it had some kind rage against in here. So went with some general rule (calder / NHL rookie status).

But how should determine a perfect system?

100 NHL game limit? Ehn (93), Hronek (89) Cholowski(81), Rasmussen (62) would be included.

From Ehn(93) to Bertuzzi(173) is the biggest gap, almost 100 games from current guys.

I once suggested losing waiver status = the limit for "prospect".

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I usually go by Calder status myself as well but honestly my main thing is I think any system where it's possible for a guy to go from being considered not a prospect anymore back to being considered one is a dumb one

other than that i'm fine with whatever system but some people use systems where say Rasmussen wouldn't have been considered a prospect this time last year but would be now and that's just wrong to me,it should be a line in the sand that you can't cross more than once

anyways easily Seider for this poll

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I voted for Veleno in the summer, Seider has really proven a lot this year. He’s absolutely a top ten prospect of last year’s draft atm, which wasn’t as obvious as when we took him. Yzerman had his guy.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
No doubt Seider is #1 and Veleno is #2 , but after that is wide open

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
For those of us that don't follow Wings prospects more than scrolling through these threads, would someone please update me on Svech, Ras, Cholo, Veleno, and Mclsaac? Wasn't Mclsaac looking very promising as of this summer? Hasn't Veleno putting it together recently? Is Svetch still playing hurt? Is Cholo taking the demotion in stride and working on the items that will bring him back?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And we'll be looking at doing another of these during the summer after the draft when we add another German kid to our stable.

AptSparklingArawana-small.gif

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
For those of us that don't follow Wings prospects more than scrolling through these threads, would someone please update me on Svech, Ras, Cholo, Veleno, and Mclsaac? Wasn't Mclsaac looking very promising as of this summer? Hasn't Veleno putting it together recently? Is Svetch still playing hurt? Is Cholo taking the demotion in stride and working on the items that will bring him back?

Thanks in advance.

Svechnikov hasn't been playing too well. He looks uninterested and his game doesn't look very good in the AHL. Slow and unwanting to go to the dirty areas to work for puck.
Ras looks good. Only played 12 games for Griffins this season and is only two games back from a two month hand injury. He's been their #1C and looks to be developing his game well. I think he has more vision and creativity than people give him credit for. Pretty fast for a BIG dude too.
Cholo hasn't impressed in the AHL. There's a few times per game that he lets a puck squeak out of the O zone and still has some glaring defensive deficiencies. If he's not playing with talent he's not driving play or producing too much.
Veleno has been looking a lot better than he did to start the season. Faster and in the right position more often. Other than his positioning tho I haven't seen any big improvements to warrant any excitement.
I don't know squat about McIsaac.
Just my two cents after watching 75% of Griffins games this year on AHLTV

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
McIsaac has barely played this year because he was injured until basically right before the WJC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->