• W - Evgeny Svechnikov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Joe Veleno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Zetterberg was an undersized long shot when drafted.

Yeah, but when Z was still a prospect before he joined Detroit he was getting "arguably the best player not in the NHL" tags thrown on him.

Zadina is the best prospect we've had since then. Although Kronwall could probably be argued as a blue chipper before he officially joined the Wings as well.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I'm gonna vote Cholowski before Hronek in every round, because he has the natural NHL-level skating. Hronek thriwes in AHL because that league dosen't need NHL skating. That's his weakness, which doesn't show up yet.

Both will be NHL players, but I see Cholowski's potential higher, again because of that skating. Cholowski can log bigger minutes and has better probablity to TOP4, 1st pair at highest, 2nd pair at lowest. I see Hronek at Bottom4. 2nd pair at highest, 3rd pair at lowest.
Skating is one of Hronek's best assets. If Cholo's any better, he would have to be up there with Larkin and Athanasiou.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, but when Z was still a prospect before he joined Detroit he was getting "arguably the best player not in the NHL" tags thrown on him.

Zadina is the best prospect we've had since then. Although Kronwall could probably be argued as a blue chipper before he officially joined the Wings as well.

The draft pick height kind of goes hand-in-hand.

You get a TOP5 rated player, he is instantly you better prospect. But some late round gem becomes best only few years after maturing.

Nobody did rank Datsyuk anywhere high before 2001.

Zetterberg started getting hype instantly at next season in SEL. Scored 20 goals in SEL. His whole draft idea was to get him late, because he played on the lower level year before and "nobody" was scouting Swedish 2nd level on that time, except Andersson.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Skating is one of Hronek's best assets. If Cholo's any better, he would have to be up there with Larkin and Athanasiou.
Cholo is definitely the smoother skater. Just all around superior at skating. Top speed, they could be close, though.

I also will be voting Cholo before Hronek, and Rasmussen before both. Sadly for me I think it will go Z, Hronek, Ras, Cholo. The third one should be fun though.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013

I think Mantha right after his +1 season was pretty damn close to blue chip status as well.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Zadina for sure. Would have been interesting to see how people ranked Hughes/Dobson/Bouchard/Boqvist if we got one of them.

Add Lindstrom.

with the exception of Hayton i'd have had anyone the Wings could have realistically drafted in that spot as my clear #1,even Tkachuk who I didn't want

even Hayton would probably be my #1,although in that case I would probably have my 1-5 all on the same tier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->