Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Joe Veleno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Also could hurry the process, if someone is getting 3/4 of the votes at 50-vote mark.

I remember usually these votings did have ~100 total votes.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Zadina very easily. The #2 vote should be the most interesting.

Add Saarijarvi.

I'd say we don't need to let this one go for long. It's Zadina and everyone knows it.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zadina for sure. Would have been interesting to see how people ranked Hughes/Dobson/Bouchard/Boqvist if we got one of them.

Add Lindstrom.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I went Hronek, I guess in part because it seems I am naturally inclined to be contrarian and I know Hronek is 2 years older but he was just as good against men in the 2nd best league in the world. He scored 8 goals and 18 assists in 37 games (58 point pace over 82) in the second half of the season. He is fast, highly skilled, smart, competitive and gritty.
I do hope that (and there is reason to believe that he might be), Zadina can come in score more than 20 goals right away (even if he can it's much less likely to happen with this team than most others) but if you look at top 5 picks over the years, rarely do they live up to the scouting hype in their draft years.

Add Hicketts

Last edited:

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Zadina

Just to clarify, when I here best prospect, I think career stats potential. I don't think NHL ready.
I go most potential and most likely to be an impact player. Stats don't always say everything. Every year there were more productive players in the league but for at least 5 years none of them were better than Pav and I don't think Nic ever led all d-men in scoring either.

Reactions: NEWing

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I go most potential and most likely to be an impact player. Stats don't always sa9y everything. Every year there were more productive players in the league but for at least 5 years none of them were better and I don't think Nic ever led all d-men in scoring either.
You watch the Griffins often, I'm guessing? What is it that you love about Hronek? The way you described him kind of sounded like Drew Doughty (offensive, plays with intensity, etc.) How good is he defensively?

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
You watch the Griffins often, I'm guessing? What is it that you love about Hronek? The way you described him kind of sounded like Drew Doughty (offensive, plays with intensity, etc.) How good is he defensively?
Hronek a small, skinny weak kid who isn't afraid to get his nose dirty, he loves to have the puck, he is very aggressive and cheats a lot to force plays or try to get the puck and will get burned doing so (that is why he found himself scratched for 8 of the first dozen or so games but he was undeterred and never compromised, just got better at it as became adjusted to the faster) but his anticipation is very good and he has the quickness to quickly get back to where he needs to be when he jumps the gun trying to force the play. Although he is small and skinny,he plays the body, he battles hard along the boards and in front of the net and even when overpowered he has the awareness and skills to get the puck to a teammate.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Brady Gilmour:laugh:

I know this was a joke by putting Gilmour down, but I think he is a nice prospect and well ahead of some others who were drafted early. He is smaller, but by far smarter than most. Watch the red/white game, he played excellent and very responsible. He levelled the defenceman who tried to take him out in the middle of the first period, scored a nice goal, played pp and pk.

He is for sure not a top ten or 15 prospect but I do think Detroit will sign him this season and you will see him in GR for a few years.

The kid has potential!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I'm gonna vote Cholowski before Hronek in every round, because he has the natural NHL-level skating. Hronek thriwes in AHL because that league dosen't need NHL skating. That's his weakness, which doesn't show up yet.

Both will be NHL players, but I see Cholowski's potential higher, again because of that skating. Cholowski can log bigger minutes and has better probablity to TOP4, 1st pair at highest, 2nd pair at lowest. I see Hronek at Bottom4. 2nd pair at highest, 3rd pair at lowest.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Zadina by a decent sized margin here

add Lindstrom

Zetterberg was an undersized long shot when drafted.

when he was first drafted sure,but he was definitely viewed as a blue chip prospect by the time he made the NHL

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMule93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->